MOO3 Gameplay Tuning Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board Games

That's what Game Masters are for.Any ambiguous rules are settled by the GM. Computer bugs what for a patch,if they ever fix it at all.

Comment

Why not let people micromanage in the beginning (or at certain size) than phase in IFP? In beginning of Civ2, I like to micromanage. in mid/end game I don't.

Comment

i think that was already the idea with IFP, but i can't be sure though...
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

NO IFPs?!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Why Alan? WHy do you forsake us so????

Seriously, IFPs were the most brilliant and the most central idea to come out of the moo3 design. To me it should be the very last thing they ever removed from the game.

In fact I am so sure of this, I must conclude that they took it out because the publishers (not wanting to take a rick on sales) told them to take it out. Really, this could not be any worse. Take out the espionage. Take out the diplomacy, Even take out the space combat, just leave us the IFPs!

*grumble**grumble**grumble*

You all suck.
          When you realize years from now that you had the oppertunity to make a revolutionary game and instead decided to switch over cheap schlock at the last minute you wil regret this decision. I hope this keeps you up at night.

*crys profusely8

WHY!?!?!?!?

Comment

IFP

Nope Ifp's do not sound good to me,not very realistic, in a strategy game. I also do not like RTS to much, pain in the Axx.If each move = a year whats the rush with RTS? I am gald M003 is TB. I am also happy with NO IPF. Not inovative just unrealistic.

Comment

Re: IFP

Originally posted by roalan
              Nope Ifp's do not sound good to me,not very realistic, in a strategy game. I also do not like RTS to much, pain in the Axx.If each move = a year whats the rush with RTS? I am gald M003 is TB. I am also happy with NO IPF. Not inovative just unrealistic.
              Managing a galactic space empire while you don't even represent a person or a god but rather a guiding force is invested in micromanagement realism to what degree?
              "I am Misantropos, and hate Mankinde."
              - Timon of Athens
              "I know you all."
              - Prince Hal

Comment

HUH!

Comment

i think he's saying is that micromanaging an entire empire is unrealistic, not IFP, but i share the
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Actually, there was so much hope (so VERY much hope... I guess most of you have attended the MOO3 forum too, so you do know what I mean) invested into this project by the TBS fans, after the "it was good, but not great" Civ3-semi-dissapointment...

Now, we can't expect MOO3 to be all that innovative... just another incarnation of the MOO series - just like Civ3 was "just another incarnation of the Civ series".... Gosh, I think I am going to buy HOMM4... people keep saying it's innovative ...at least.

Yeah, I feel they let us down on that... TOO!

Comment

My post is like "huh" it's because I was like "huh" about this whole "realism" argument.

Everything before "is" in that sentence is one big, ugly, foul, noun phrase.

"Managing-a-galactic-space-empire-while-you-don't-even-represent-a-person-or-a-god-but-rather-a-guiding-force is invested in micromanagement "realism" to what degree?"

-mario
                      Last edited by madmario; May 14, 2002, 20:38.
                      "I am Misantropos, and hate Mankinde."
                      - Timon of Athens
                      "I know you all."
                      - Prince Hal

Comment

But I wanna be a Jedi!

MadH, it's kinda like the Force. That is real, isn't it?
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

If its like moo 2 and the turns are slightly over a month. I think most things can be done easily in the amount of time. Unless it takes up AU it is usually a task as simple as telling someone to do something. Plus anything that takes away someone's ability to play a game lowers the game far many more levels than how they handle it now. Its a game, not real life.

Originally posted by MacTBone
                          Look, the deal with IFPs was that any human given time can run an empire perfectly.

Guess what, in real life you don't have an infinite amount of time, so IFPs were almost like a time allotment for each task you wanted to perform.

Let's see, I could spend an hour (1 IFP) talking to Union Workers to increase production, or 3 hours (3 IFP) negotiating a truce between two warring nations.

See. Now, you have an infinfite amount of time, which is incredibly unrealistic and brings the game down a whole level.
                          ~~ Anubis

Comment

IFP appeals to brighter people who are brighter or more interested in being challenged.

Comment

I wouldn't know about that, GP, but it sure as heck appeals to people with a low boredom threshold. Where low == less than infinite.
                              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                                IFP appeals to brighter people who are brighter or more interested in being challenged.
                                No, its not that. Most people play games to have control, IFP take it away. Do not try to insult me because of how I enjoy playing a game. I dont think that IFP has anything to do with what you just said at all. It does not make it challenging it takes away the ability to play the game. Their are better ways to make a game more challenging than IFPs. Did I insult you? No I am afraid not. So dont do it to me. If you can only prove a point by insulting people then do not post on forums about games in which mature people play who can state their opinion maturely.
                                ~~ Anubis

Comment

Working...
                                X