Sword Of The Stars II - big fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understandable ...
    teaches me, to never ever assign them to their dropships, if I am not sure that I´ll really need them (and/or assigning them beforeehand gives me a huge tactical advantage).
    Fortunately I finally found another 2 swarm soldiers that had been crippled in the battle before, so I was able to use them for another boarding action and didn´t have to return to Terra with them still on board.

Speaking of Swarms...
    wow, I thought that the Swarm Queens with their 600 shields and 60k tons were the grandest menace, the swarms possess ....
    well, that was, before I stumbled upon a 200k tons swarm ship that is able to gain a speed of 4k km/s and, according to intelligence reports, has shields with the strength of 45k
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      Understandable ...
      teaches me, to never ever assign them to their dropships, if I am not sure that I´ll really need them (and/or assigning them beforeehand gives me a huge tactical advantage).
      Fortunately I finally found another 2 swarm soldiers that had been crippled in the battle before, so I was able to use them for another boarding action and didn´t have to return to Terra with them still on board.

Speaking of Swarms...
      wow, I thought that the Swarm Queens with their 600 shields and 60k tons were the grandest menace, the swarms possess ....
      well, that was, before I stumbled upon a 200k tons swarm ship that is able to gain a speed of 4k km/s and, according to intelligence reports, has shields with the strength of 45k
      Are you sure the 45k isn't the EM signature?

Build a Hangar PDC to store the swarm workers/soldiers/queens that you capture, they are going to be maintenance sinks otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha View Post
        Are you sure the 45k isn't the EM signature?
        I´m a little unsure about this...
        the desription associated with the ship on the map said something about just 1500 shields...
        but the entry in the tactical intelligence for this ship class (which has separate entries for shields as well as EM signature)
        states something about the ship possessing 45.000 shields.

Build a Hangar PDC to store the swarm workers/soldiers/queens that you capture, they are going to be maintenance sinks otherwise.
        Good to know...
        at the moment they are still orbiting Terra.
        Fortunately I have still enough points to instabuild a new PDC in SM mode.
        (well, I know, that I am not bound by the number of points ... but I like to "play by the rules")
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          I´m a little unsure about this...
          the desription associated with the ship on the map said something about just 1500 shields...
          but the entry in the tactical intelligence for this ship class (which has separate entries for shields as well as EM signature)
          states something about the ship possessing 45.000 shields.
          It might have only been charged up to 1500, but it could have a total pool of 45k. 45k is still a ridiculous # for a shield pool though, seems a bit too big, but the ship may have the very best shield tech and be mostly shield projectors.

Comment

It might have only been charged up to 1500, but it could have a total pool of 45k. 45k is still a ridiculous # for a shield pool though, seems a bit too big, but the ship may have the very best shield tech and be mostly shield projectors.
            I know that swarm queens have
            Spoiler:
            epsilon

(which I know because, when one of my first attacks against the queen in the Sirius-System failed, despite using lots of missiles and having her shields down for a long time, out of frustration I did a sneak peek into the Access-Database that is the core of the game and found out that I had de facto damaged her, with the damaged part being a
            Spoiler:
            shield generator epsilon class
            . [which was before I doubled the number of warships in my offensive fleet [6 instead of the former 3] and introduced my new Size 12 Queenbuster MIRV carrier missile class [which has a range of just 40m km, but features 8 size 1 MIRV ... enough to overwhelm any PD ] ... with these 2 additions, queens are rather easy to defeat]).

Well, considering the fact that
            Spoiler:
            the unknown 200kt ship [which I christened Queen Mum ] would have to incorporate 750kt of shields, it must definitely contain higher developed shields ... but even with Omerga Shields, it would still be 150kt, leaving barely enough space for the engines [which, after all, bring it to 4.500 km/s] and any additional payload ... maybe the ship contains absorption shields ... Absorption shields with a rating of 30, for example, would explain the reading of 1500 in the info text for the ship within the system map [as it´s 1500 shield generators] ... and would also be small enough [75kt] to allow enough space for engines, armor and payload

Comment

6.0 is now out, if you see some stuff about a11.jpg or b20.jpg not found go into planet screen and just copy/rename 2 other jpgs into those.

Comment

Jep, I already started a new game with the new version.
                Definitely a little bit harder now, with the requirement to take into account the planned mission time and build larger crew quarters for long term mission ships.

Fortunately haven´t encountered the bugs you mentioned, yet (but I am still rather early in game, so it might still come)

Comment

Seems like we have to start anew ... new database patch is out, to 6.10, which fixes some issues with 6.0

Comment

Working...
                  X