making the tech choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brutalisk

May I ask why - just curious. MP is leaps and bounds more interesting than playing the AI.

it's just that it is usually a hassle to get set up for an internet game. I might try a LAN game if I ever get more than one computer in the house. I don't have any gaming friends living around here so I'm not going to go over to their house. the description of the "rules" in a multiplayer FAQ on some site somewhere illustrate just how much of a bother it is to hold one even after you get set up.

Besides, TBS games take too long to be played over the phone.

I have only ever played one game (count them, ONE) online, and that's Diablo. It was so danged easy. But I'll only play online for a half hour at a time.

My daughter and I have played Civ1 and HOMM hotseat, sometimes saving our game for a week or more at a time. that just seems incompatible with internet gaming, even were the hassle not present.

That's why.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Most games of MOO2 finish overnight as long as you start them early enough and people stick to them...

Give it a go before you turn it down atleast

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        It takes a awful long time before you could squeeze a converter onto a BB, I have never done it, but you could eventually.
        actually, with 3 levels of hyper physics, I can squeeze a converter onto a cruiser! I had to downgrade to electronic computer, but who cares with the SC.

But you are mostly right. I can't imagine being able to do that with any sort of competition on me.

Hey wait, That's the way to terraform Toxics. Bombard them to rubble, then rebuild to barren.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

In version 1.5 of Moo2, which is now fan supported, you can Terraform Toxic planets by using Bio Morphic Fungi and Weather Controllers.

Comment

Working...
          X