No announcement yet.

MoO1 trying to run in XP, help !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a new thread on this topic as Soubriquet over at nForcers HQ and someone seems to have found ways to run MoO1 on a Shuttle nF2 system; if any of you can make sense of it at all then maybe you can explain it to me !! I am having a slow brain day, er week .

Comment

I studied the thread and it's just like the guy says: Disable unessential motherboard resources to free up enough of conventional memory to allow for the page file of expanded memory to be stored there. Try disabling the onboard network card if you have one and usb and other ports and then try the procedure with VDMSound.

Please inform me of your results as I didn't have the time to check it myself on my friend's computer.

Comment

yaay !

it runs nice and fast with sound now

I had to disable USB keyboard support and the mac lan(nVidia) in BIOS integrated peripherals

then I had to instal VDMSound 2.04 and I turned off DPMI in AUTOEXEC.VDMS for luck (actually this is essential)

REM Install DPMI support
        REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx.exe
        then I had to run the Instal.exe and Orion.exe with VDMS using right click on the exe, and then I had to configure for Soundblaster Original with port 220 and IRQ 7 and other thing (1) because it runs slow unless you get the sound card right.

I am still double checking the critical elements, brb.

Edit checked, runs better without any pif fiddles (ie not Win95 compatible mode)
        Last edited by boolybooly; February 9, 2004, 10:47.

Comment

Enjoy your Master of Orion !!!!!

Comment

Glad it is working now and the other thing is DMA.

Comment

thanks for your help, everyone

Comment

Working...
              X