No announcement yet.

MoM: What your favorite Magic type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the sad developments in 1.31, indeed. Still the game is unplayable without and on the balance it's a minor thing.
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

• Things would get very interesting indeed if the AI did a better job with its heroes.
      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
      - Pekka

Comment

• Never played with the 1.31 version, but I always liked life magic with trolls the best not only is it nice an ironic but I just love my regenerating trolls so much that I have a hard time bringing myself to spend a lot of points on any kind of magic that will do anything besides make my beautiful trolls even more trollicious
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Has it ever accured to you, that propably the AI hero items cannot be seen?

Sometimes the AI hero seems to have extraordinary abilities...
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

• Nah, cuz when you kill a hero you get it's stuff. Too bad it was one of the worst AI's ever, prolly the game was ahead of it's time, and the depth was well beyond the capabilities of an affordable AI.
            Pentagenesis for Civ III
            Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Hmmm... I've only played the latest version (was it 1.3 or 1.31), so I don't know about the AI behaviour in the earlier versions.

Comment

• The challenge game is over. The end was anticlimactic; I had dozens of slingers, paladins and magicians streaming toward Sss'ra's castle, but a single airship got there ahead of them and finished him off. Since he had no magic points and I could throw around things like Call Chaos and Disintegrate, it was no contest.
                "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• MOM is pretty much too easy on any difficulty level if you go tower-hunting. Much too easy. A house rule I've had for years is that you can't go for the towers unless all the players other towns have already been taken over/eradicated - it makes it much more interesting, since the AI can use pretty nasty global spells against you.
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

• Rex, I expected the end to be anticlimactic with node mastery. The early game is where I struggle.

Moomin, that is a tough rule to set for yourself. I only get through because I go after the towers at every opportunity. Looks like my MoM playing needs some improving.
                    - Pekka

Comment

• I always used to play the take all cities first rule. But, even then it sucked, because the AI rarely defends it's cities.
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

• Node mastery didn't really have a whole lot to do with the game. It helped me pick up a couple of nodes earlier than I might have otherwise (particularly the sorcery nodes where I webbed the Sky Drakes), but all that really did was give me a huge mana surplus (over 5000 at the end).
                        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Well, it was a "surplus" because you didn't find (or bother to...) ways to put it to use and win faster...

I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

• Try to pick node mastery and chaos/nature/sorcery mastery. From the mastered nodes you'll get tons of additional mana

Comment

• Megamana games are somewhat boring though. Unless it's a SCC, of course.

BTW, can anybody confirm that 255 is the largest number of cities you can have? I seem to have run into that limit in a current game.

Comment

• Don't know the limit sorry, Moomin.
                                What do you mean by SCC, btw?
                                - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                                X