Paradox forum and their banning of customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradox forum and their banning of customers

First of all you were banned for posting links to revisionist pages and supporting the revisionist thought, which is a crime in Sweden. So unless you have any problem with that you were banned because you broke the law, please shut up.

It's really redicolous that you still fail to see this - I remember you instead made up a lot of laws and facts to attack Denmark and Sweden and their anti racist laws. Quite redicolous actually.

And people - unless you have a problem with that Paradox decided to obey the laws of the country Paradox is situated in, then you really should not have a problem with a revisionist like Herman being banned

C4
    Get out your English-Danish dictionary and read well what I wrote. I didn't post revisionist material although you were daring me to do so. What I did was defending freedom of speech, which includes the freedom of speech of revisionist. You really don't understand the difference between defending someone's right to have an opinion and sharing that particular opinion. I posted links to revisionist sites, and also to exterminationist sites, because people should be able to make up their own minds. If you are offended by those sites I suggest you do not visit them. If that is against some Swedish law, fine, then remove the post and make clear there is a Swedish law against it. I think such a law is extremely silly. But again, maybe there is another Swedish law making it illegal to criticize Swedish laws. I have no problem obeying those rules though, but it is unreasonable of Paradox to expect everyone from knowing all those laws.

Paradox didn't just ban me from posting, they also banned me from simply reading the forum I helped pay for. Do you defend that also?

You're still going on about this crap?

Guess how many people care that you are banned from the paradox forums? ZERO.

Get over it, or atleast shut up about it and stop *****ing about it in these forums as if there was anyone who actually cares about it.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

WFHermans... On your second point about being banned from reading the forums, that was due to a technical error on the part of the administrator who banned you. I am 100% that if you had calmly explained your problem to people like Uglyduck, and did not resort to insulting and degrading Paradox, that issue would be resolved by now. Give it a rest already, or do you not have anything better to do with your life?

Comment

And if this thread turns into a flame war... the people involved will be toast for a week.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          And if this thread turns into a flame war... the people involved will be toast for a week.
          "toast for a week"? Wait a minute! What a concept! Why...why...it implies that there could...just possibly... be penalties other than a permanent lifetime ban!!!?

Nah...what am I thinking...much easier to impose one draconian penalty if a moderator perceives he's been criticized.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy
            Nah...what am I thinking...much easier to impose one draconian penalty if a moderator perceives he's been criticized.
            Be as critical as you want of my actions...

Because I don't care

I do sometimes wonder how somebody could get so angry just because somebody makes critical comments about them.
            Especially enough to perm ban somebody. Heck, if I did that, there would be a lot less posters around here...

*but remember... no flaming other members, mods are fair game... *
            Last edited by Ming; April 12, 2002, 14:20.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

...I do sometimes wonder how somebody could get so angry just because somebody makes critical comments about them.
              Especially enough to perm ban somebody. Heck, if I did that, there would be a lot less posters around here...
              Tell me about it! You and Dan have spoiled us. So, perhaps, it is all YOUR fault after all...

*but remember... no flaming other members, mods are fair game... *
              Ahhh...what a refreshing statement!

How about mods of other forums who seem inordinately fascinated by the goings on here in this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy
                How about mods of other forums who seem inordinately fascinated by the goings on here in this forum?
                Unfortunately... they may be mods elsewhere, but while they are posting here, they are just members... So they are protected in the same fashion as anybody else.
                *for what's that worth*

So, we usually allow minor flaming of anybody... but if it gets serious, or looks like a flame war is brewing... TOAST TIME

But I think we better get this thread back on topic (assuming anybody can figure out what the topic really is)before "somebody" feels like this thread would be better in the Off Topic Forum
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well, there really isn't anything to discuss. He broke the Swedish law, and afterwards threatened with copying and selling Europa Universalis at a low price as pirate copies. It's only natural to ban him then. I posted in this forum to clear the case up, so he might stop bothering you people on this forum about it. As it seems quite redicolous how he keeps going on and on with it here.

I'm sorry if he's been bothering you, I hope my post might clear it up and end the case.

Sincerely,

C4, moderator of the Off Topic forum at Paradox

Comment

Murdoch, I did explain it calmly, but I didn't receive a response. I don't "go on about it", but I simply react on your and other people's post.

Unsounder's posts are more serious because they contain accusations that are not true. That is libel, which is against the law in the USA and very probable in sweden too. He doesn't respond, maybe because he doesn't know english, or try to prove his lies.
                    Simply copy the revisionist posts I made or the threats that I would resell copies of the game. You can't. What you can do is post your daring of me to post material that was revisionist but being the enemy of the truth that you are I know you won't. Hmmmm....now I now why you don't allow me to read the forum. Because then I could expose your lies, and that's what you are most afraid of.
                    I don''t sell copies of your game, but I do advise everyone not to pay money for a game that is crashing all the time and that is sold by a company that cheats their customers out of their money by not giving access to their forum, which was promised by the company when they sold the game.
                    And Paradox did this to several customers. This also means that the customer isn't bound to the agreement not to copy the game.

That I have political views that were actually strengthened by Paradox's behaviour is beside the point. But the topic of this thread is the banning by the Paradox forum and as their moderators tell, and seem to be proud of, is that critics of the game and revisionists are banned.

Comment

Dude...you're paranoid. You really expect me to go searching for posts many months old? It will take ages, and I'm simply not gonna spend my important time on you. So please do everyone a favour, and accept the fact that you are banned and you were banned for breaking the forum rules. It's that easy.

C4

Comment

Thanks for telling us that you are lying! And let Paradox accept the fact that they will lose a lot of money by cheating their customers.

Comment

But since you wanted the post where you threatened to make pirate copies of Paradox games:

At least you could still write en read in the forum! I could only bang on the door. I had a mod insulting me, I didn't insult him back...and so he was very insulted and blocked my IP, my whole computer! A pity because I need the input en output from the EU palace...I had promised the children to tell about my conquest of Asias...Well if they won't let me in I'll get by some other way...copying the EU and selling them for high prices, just lower than he prices of Paradox....and make zip-files and send them all over the internet...telling everyone that Paradox cheats you from what you pay for technical support, they also don't react on emails...
                          Unless they see it's a mistake and accept my IP again.

WFHermans
                          From: http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...threadid=17920

And this one:

One last promise, BiB. In all the copies of EU games that will be sent off all over the world when I dont get mu right or a refund, there wil be written on it. The feds wil love it!

You couldn't even stand up to Marc Dutroux.
                          Where you threat an administrator of the board, with making him responsible for your pirating activities

From: http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...5&pagenumber=4
                          Last edited by UnSounder; April 12, 2002, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by UnSounder
                            Well, there really isn't anything to discuss. He broke the Swedish law, and afterwards threatened with copying and selling Europa Universalis at a low price as pirate copies. It's only natural to ban him then. I posted in this forum to clear the case up, so he might stop bothering you people on this forum about it. As it seems quite redicolous how he keeps going on and on with it here.

I'm sorry if he's been bothering you, I hope my post might clear it up and end the case.

Sincerely,
                            C4, moderator of the Off Topic forum at Paradox
                            Not sure he's really been bothering anyone except boosters and mods from the official site. But, yes, it sounds moderately serious if true... Of course I haven't seen the post(s) and have nothing more than your word regarding their content, Swedish law, its applicability, or purported threats. His word suggests otherwise, and since I have personal experience with some fairly egregious mistatements by a colleague of yours, I'd have to see the offending posts, myself. Maybe I'll go hunting, if they're still there...

Even if true, an IP ban from the official site (a "public accomodation" containing the necessary updates, clarifications, and addendum) seems inappropriate for any paying customer. Perhaps if the company first issues a refund, it might be okay, which I'm sure it would be willing to do, ridding itself of such a noisome customer (if your allegations are true...).

And which rule did I break, oh wise moderator? Besides the ex post facto one barring public criticism of moderator misbehavior?

Comment

RobRoy, I have nothing to do with your case, so you must ask another moderator or administrator.

But as far as I recall you kept on insulting an administrator, even going as far as calling him a fascist, because he moved one of your posts to another forum. And after that you made several threads in which you asked to be banned, and threatened with continuing in your track if you were not banned.

C4

Comment

Working...
                              X