Paradox forum and their banning of customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnSounder
    RobRoy, I have nothing to do with your case, so you must ask another moderator or administrator.

But as far as I recall you kept on insulting an administrator, even going as far as calling him a fascist, because he moved one of your posts to another forum. And after that you made several threads in which you asked to be banned, and threatened with continuing in your track if you were not banned.

C4
    LOL...my, my...how the alleged crimes grow with each retelling. It might interest you to know that virtually every word of your second paragraph is demonstrably false. I'd be real curious as to who has given you that impression and why (but I can guess).

The only vague resemblance to the truth is that I did inform a moderator who had moved a thread (inappropriately, IMHO, but that's clearly debatable) that his action was unnecessary, and had unfortunate consequences (the partial deletion and mis-merging of that thread with another). At no time did I personally insult anyone (despite some personal attacks upon myself, by the way), despite your/his allegations to the contrary.

But, then, the truth sometimes seem to be a bit elusive, doesn't it?

Clearly, the other "moderator or administrator" is not interested in discussing the issue. He has never bothered to cite what rule I allegedly violated, and is, of course, completely unreachable, aside from his frequent appearances here to shill for his forum...

But I'll do my best to continue correcting the misconceptions he seems to have planted. Pretty good trick, that one, getting you to front some pretty outrageous allegations...my opinion of him has both increased and decreased.

Comment

LOL.
      "If you are a young gangster on your first date, wouldn't it be awfully embarassing if someone tried to murder you?"
      - Jack Handey

Comment

Interesting, those letters I wrote AFTER I was IP-banned. And that spelling! Yes that's definitely me!

I just wonder why you ban me after I wrote those letters when those letters seem to indicate I was banned before.

Funny that Paradox mods have the habit of increasing the number of accusations against those evil posters, and that they like to insult people and then accuse those people of insulting them.

After posting my words, written after I was banned from posting, for which I was banned, (I was banned TWICE) I would like you to similarly post the words of RobRoy. That is the easiest thing to do, just search on username and the word "fascist". Strange that the same people who like to call other people a nazi when they are for freedom of speech are so easily offended. But someone, I think you made a small "mistake" and that you won't be able to find that particular post. And please don't come up with a post RobRoy made after he was banned.

By the way, this CivIII forum opens with a letter CRITICIZING CivIII. Wouldn't you like to be moderator here mr. Sound, or C4, and BAN that evil hatethinker...
        Last edited by WFHermans; April 13, 2002, 16:31.

Comment

For your information, WFHermans those old posts were deleted. They were made before we created our new system of storing deleted posts, so I have no way of tracking down the posts were you posted revisionist material and stated that "That Jewish ***** deserves to die". But what you said after you were banned, were enough to ban you. You might have had a case if you had not said the things you said after you were banned.

C4

P.S And I don't ban people because of their opinion of a game, I ban them because of their political conviction

Comment

What is this "revisionist" stuff anyways?

Comment

Revisionists are those also known as deniers. People who refuses the Holocaust ever happened, or think that the number of deads are much less than 6 million. Usually they are also neo-nazis.

C4

Comment

Ah. Thank you.

Comment

Why is this on Apolyton?
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Because Paradox refuses access to their forum to people who believe in freedom of speech for everyone including revisionists. Although access to their forum is promised to the buyers of their game Europa Universalis.

Comment

Originally posted by WFHermans
                      Although access to their forum is promised to the buyers of their game Europa Universalis.
                      However, I'm sure when you signed up, you had to agree to follow member rules... a standard feature on most forums.
                      If you clicked "yes"... you are the one that broke the contract when you broke their rules
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

OT!!
                        Let's use this forum for discussin the game, not the company and their oh-so-evil-deeds-and-crimes-against-humanity-and-freedom-of-speech-let-them-burn-eternally-in-hell.....
                        "If you are a young gangster on your first date, wouldn't it be awfully embarassing if someone tried to murder you?"
                        - Jack Handey

Comment

Ming, I did click-sign that I would agree to their rules. Only problem was that they made up some new rules (a Swedish law they keep refering to), and immediately enforced them by giving me a lifelong ban (I know, I can change my username, IP, but it is a nuisance.) So they broke the "contract". I don't want to see it so formal and judicial though. I am at their forum, and I behave. Just a friendly warning is enough, like you gave me about cursing. But everything points to someone at Paradox who was simply very angry at me and had me banned. It was personal! And afterwards seperate moderators gave some inconsistent reasons.

Carolus Rex, uh, this thread is about the banning done by the Europa Universalis forum. So that is the subject discussed here. You can look into one of the other threads for discussions about gameplay or start a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by WFHermans
                            Ming, I did click-sign that I would agree to their rules. Only problem was that they made up some new rules
                            Well... that is within their rights to make up new rules, or even change rules. It's a private site. They own it. Just like here at Apolyton. The only difference is that they are a commercial site, and this is fan site. But both are privately held and can make whatever rules they wish.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Well... that is within their rights to make up new rules, or even change rules. It's a private site. They own it. Just like here at Apolyton. The only difference is that they are a commercial site, and this is fan site. But both are privately held and can make whatever rules they wish.

I agree with this to a point. It is their right to make up their own rules, but you can't expect somebody to follow them if they don't know about them. Rules changes should be posted somewhere.

That would be like Apolyton deciding to Ban people for, say, posting about other forums. You could ban WFHermans for it, but would it be fair since you never told anybody about the rule?

P.S. I can't believe I am actually defending WF.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Tuberski, you are a good sport. You wrote what I wanted to say, only better ofcourse. . Let me add that if you want people to obey a certain rule, you must let everybody know there is a rule. But if you actually don't want people to obey a rule, then you should hide it and then severely punish the evil perpetrator.

And this is what happened, Paradox said revisionism is illegal in Sweden, so it is illegal on the forum, with a life ban for everyone without warning. What I did was saying that such laws are silly and I posted some links to revisionist sites. Booom, kicked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X