Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a link to your stick.

Comment

XL MAME Arcade Stick. It's not the $200 full-frontal hardcore big-balls motherwhumper you see on their site, though. ( ) But it's a standard black "boxy" look stick with six buttons in two rows of three. I had a Soul Caliber arcade stick for the Gamecube to play CvS2, and this is very similar except instead of Soul Caliber, it features a featureless black skin.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I should probably point out that my brother, though not competition level, is still pretty hardcore. As in he plays pretty hardball. He made his own arcade stick and is continually customizing bits to it. Back in my teens I used to beat him pretty badly in Super SF2 and I guess he took revenge to a new level.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
          XL MAME Arcade Stick. It's not the $200 full-frontal hardcore big-balls motherwhumper you see on their site, though. ( ) But it's a standard black "boxy" look stick with six buttons in two rows of three. I had a Soul Caliber arcade stick for the Gamecube to play CvS2, and this is very similar except instead of Soul Caliber, it features a featureless black skin.
          Ok nice. I'm probably getting a Tournament Edition madcatz stick.

Comment

So I heard Bison (Dic) was much higher in the tier rankings, but then he either got nerfed or people found more ways to counter him. I recall his normals are unusually strong but I guess he's still a primarily offensive player who needs to land that JpHK, Cr MK, Cr MK, Scissor Knee combo. That was my major problem with him in Super Turbo and the HD Remix - he doesn't have much combobility.

I'm also very surprised that Vega is so bad in this game. He used to be a really versatile character - if not top tier then damn close. What gives?
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Vega sucks because once he gets knocked over he really loses the momentum. Bison is good but he has to be played a certain way in SF4 as a strong rushdown, and good players tend to find it easier than in the past to shut down his tricks.

Comment

vega/claw used to be good cause he was hella fast and had good range (and even w/o the claw). and his dives crossed up crazy fast and unpredictably. It used to be that once u were down the claw mixups would start and if you were unlucky you would just get pounded dives after dives....

dive ownage

now hes slow, unsafe and hella interruptable.

bison/dic overall is same ol' strong normals, good pokes, high priority, rushdown while patiently trying to get in with flying move style of play that he is. tier wise hes quite up there in sf4. i dont know the specifics but hes got alot of goodies such as 100% safe LK scissor kicks and etc. The new FA system also benefits him alot too in just mind****ing opponents up close and closing in on fireball zoners.

If you're a strong tiurney char user like rufus ryu and viper, you MIGHT say he's bit lacking... but as cammy/fuerte (low tier + console lol) player, ive got nothing but *****ing and complaingin on how much **** bison has

edit:
                this vid is even better
                Last edited by Zero; August 7, 2009, 23:12.
                :-p

Comment

Iiiiiiinteresting... so they made his LK scissor 100% safe? I was wondering when that would happen. It's closer to 75% safe (on block) in all the earlier games.

In every game from Super Turbo onwards, Dic has had some sort of air dominance game with his jp mpx2 combo (which gets knockdown). Does he still have this? From his first appearance in WW he's had a powerful jp hk which I think he still has here, but his air game really developed when they gave him the Super Turbo version of the Devil's Reverse, so if you could mix up with the Head Stomp, you could mindgame the opponent with feints and crossups.

My brother has said that Dic still doesn't have a decent defense, especially for AAs (although boosted scissor knee is just as useful as Roll Cancel SK was in CVS2) but his standing hk and hp could do in a pinch to sort out jumpins.
                  Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; August 8, 2009, 09:25.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

His AA is still really bad in SF4, so he gets a lot of cross-ups. That's one of the reasons a good Bison has to be so attacking - once the opponent gets some momentum his weaknesses really show up.

Comment

just about everyone's LK version rushdown move are 100% safe. except cammy, who went from 100% safe in HD remix version to free punish. which is why I am all (^#@*&(^@#(*@&#(*#@@#@.

Comment

Stick has arrived. It's an all-black, eight button thing with auto and clear buttons (and a small pair of 9 and 10 buttons up top).

Game may take a while to arrive as it's coming from Asia.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Game has arrived. Playing it now. Took me hours to set up the sodding stick correctly.

As an aside, I think it's a sad sign of the industry when every Windows Live game is trying to get to you sign on to a profile just to save your progress. Also, I have objections to Microsoft's rather sad attempt to get PC gamers to adopt the XBox controller. They did this for Bioshock (and no controller can be as good as plain Keyboard/Mouse for an FPS) and now they're doing this for SF4 (where the XBox controller once again compares poorly to a dedicated arcade joypad).

Microsoft
                          Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; August 23, 2009, 13:01.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Just have bought the game -can't wait toplay it, all my friends recommended me this new SF, I see that you guys also like playing this
                            in constant search of avatar )

Comment

too bad u just got a game for which the sequel has been announced.

dusting my sticks, dropping my feurte/cammy and time to play mokoto/juri~

Comment

It was inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X