No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, I assumed nothing. I just gave examples of earlier discussions on the same subject and asked you others to read it and discuss. Which we do now. Sort of. BTW, great editing above, adding no less than seven lines to a post without it being shown as edited.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I do appreciate your kinds words hidden in the post above and especially in the other thread btw.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Dude, Asher, take it easy man.

If somebody makes a mistake, you're already up one. No need to go jumping all over them with the personal attacks.

Most of what you say is solid stuff - the problem is it gets lost beneath all the vitriol. This is a little ironic, since you have a major beef with a poster who's the opposite: ostensibly polite but saying things that are substantively lacking.

Rise above it, let it go. When it comes down to it, we're your friends here too.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Well played Nikolai.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
            Well played Nikolai.
            Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
              Dude, Asher, take it easy man.

If somebody makes a mistake, you're already up one. No need to go jumping all over them with the personal attacks.

Most of what you say is solid stuff - the problem is it gets lost beneath all the vitriol. This is a little ironic, since you have a major beef with a poster who's the opposite: ostensibly polite but saying things that are substantively lacking.

Rise above it, let it go. When it comes down to it, we're your friends here too.
              I agree, Asher knows his stuff. For the most part. Sometimes he is on shaky ground, and then he shows his skills at finding new arguments which are hiding his earlier shaky ones. But he is also very good at getting angry for nothing and everything and hurting his case with unnecessary mud-slinging. I often find myself agreeing with at least part of what he's saying, but he's mostly saying it in such a lousy manner I loose all my sympathy for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                I agree, Asher knows his stuff. For the most part. Sometimes he is on shaky ground, and then he shows his skills at finding new arguments which are hiding his earlier shaky ones. But he is also very good at getting angry for nothing and everything and hurting his case with unnecessary mud-slinging. I often find myself agreeing with at least part of what he's saying, but he's mostly saying it in such a lousy manner I loose all my sympathy for it.
                I don't give a **** if I "hurt my case" with what you call "mudslinging". If somebody does something that pisses me off, such as misrepresenting my position, I'll go to town on them. You should know by now that this is what infuriates me most about Ben, then you went and did the same **** here.

Don't push my buttons if you don't want me to smack you around.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                  Dude, Asher, take it easy man.

People who don't want my vitriol shouldn't misrepresent my position. Ben and Nikolai are repeat offenders here. No mercy for them.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                    Well played Nikolai.

It is no accomplishment to set me off on an insulting rant. Anyone at any time can do it -- all you need to do is act like a ****ing dumbass, and it will come. Nikolai is obviously more successful at this than you are. But you still have your moments.

Comment

• perhaps you should see a therapist for your anger management issues, asher.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
                        perhaps you should see a therapist for your anger management issues, asher.
                        I'm fine, but thank you for your concern. I haven't even been angry in this thread so I've no idea WTF you're talking about, to be honest.

Are you mistaking my insults for genuine anger? I'm just annoyed that Nikolai either can't read or enjoys playing the misrepresentation game. My posts with the ALL CAPS and BOLD serve to demonstrate precise and important details that some people on this site seem incapable of comprehending unless there are giant neon signs alerting people of them. Lacking a <neon> tag, BOLD CAPS are the next best thing.

Comment

• I keep telling him to just smoke weed, but he thinks it'll make him stupid.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• it just seems like you're always a little stressed out, that's all. :shrugs:

Comment

• I've always been a bit tightly wound, but that makes it all the more fun.

Comment

• only for those that get the joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X