No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great - you now realise what the data says, and what you are interpolating based on your own preferences and views. I'd say my work here is done.

Comment

• Yes, now that you've finally comprehended the implications we can move on. Try to keep up.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• To increase the anecdotal sample base, my brother and I haven't played our wii in so long that I don't know where the sensor bar is. Nor have I had any particular desire to look for it.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Do you have kids?

Comment

• Hint: He lives with his brother.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• For reference, he is 13. When we first got it he played in excess of 6 hours a day during the summer. I was playing daily but much less. I stopped playing it after I dropped out of my Madden cycle and beat or tired of our game library. Gameplay was higher when we had a third (gaming) family member to make the group games more dynamic (wii play/wii sports/smash brothers/mario party). Later in the summer I may pick up playing Madden again in combination with my ps2 Madden franchises.

We are content with our current gaming choices, warcraft 3 and starcraft against his little friends for him, civ2 for me.

Comment

• I found this in a gaming site article. The statistics are taken from the American market from october to december last year. I think there are some things Asher will enjoy here...

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Maybe so if there were any stats.

Comment

• Btw I always got the impression ColdWizard was older. He must act mature (at least in comparison to some regular posters anyway )

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                      I found this in a gaming site article. The statistics are taken from the American market from october to december last year. I think there are some things Asher will enjoy here...

Consider me impressed. This is the most correct post I've ever seen from you. Nothing is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                        He must act mature (at least in comparison to some regular posters anyway )
                        Yes, I am the mature 3 year-old amongst the screaming 2 year-olds.

Comment

• NPD March 2009

PlayStation 2 112K
                          PlayStation 3 218K
                          Xbox 360 330K
                          Wii 601K

RESIDENT EVIL 5* CAPCOM USA 360 938K
                          POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 805K
                          HALO WARS* MICROSOFT 360 639K
                          RESIDENT EVIL 5* CAPCOM USA PS3 585K
                          WII FIT W/BALANCE BOARD NINTENDO OF AMERICA WII 541K
                          MLB '09: THE SHOW SONY PS3 305K
                          KILLZONE 2 SONY PS3 296K
                          WII PLAY W/REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA WII 281K
                          MARIO KART W/WHEEL NINTENDO OF AMERICA WII 278K
                          MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K9 TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE 360 205K

Comment

• For comparison from March 2008:
                            PlayStation 2 216K
                            PlayStation 3 257K
                            Xbox 360 262K
                            Wii 721K

PS2 down.
                            PS3 down.
                            360 up.
                            Wii down.

Revenue grows elsewhere also:
                            Microsoft has also revealed that the number of Xbox Live users paying for content on the service has more than doubled since this time last year, with 128% growth in unique users purchasing XBL content -- be it use of Netflix, other video, games, or DLC.

Microsoft has also revealed that the first three months of the year have seen 220% increase in DLC purchases, led by Grand Theft Auto IV and Fallout 3, as well as its own shooter titles Gears of War 2 and Halo 3.

According to its internal numbers, there has been a 62% increase in downloadable game add-ons compared to the same period last year, with 516 pieces of game content released via Xbox Live for 63 titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              For comparison from March 2008:
                              PlayStation 2 216K
                              PlayStation 3 257K
                              Xbox 360 262K
                              Wii 721K

PS2 down.
                              PS3 down.
                              360 up.
                              Wii down.
                              PS3 needs a price cut, but SONY can't afford it.

Nintendo CAN afford a price cut, but the Wii which is still outselling the 360 and the PS3 combined, does not need it.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Nintendo can afford it by far. IIRC, they've earned money on the console from the beginning, and since then the manufacuring cost has fallen with 45% according to an article I read the other day.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X