No announcement yet.

2008 GOTY awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameSpot's best RPG is Fallout 3, best shooter is Left 4 Dead and best strategy game is Sins of a Solar Empire. So another one for Left 4 Dead.

Also, MGS4 beat GTA4 to take Best action-adventure game, so I'm now pretty sure that it will get their GOTY.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Ugh

MGS4

Actually played that piece of ****. I'm sure it's a wonderful game if you are a MGS fanboy, but it's a genuinely crap game unless you're obsessed and intimately familiar with the prior MGS stories. It's in NO WAY a GOTY candidate for any competent site.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It's not just GameSpot that likes them. They picked up IGN's PS3 GOTY and SpikeTV's best graphics.

Comment

• IGN PS3's GOTY? Well, no ****, there's not a lot going on for the PS3 game-wise.

Overall? No chance in ****ing hell. There's a lot of PS3 fanboys trying to compensate...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• GameSpot's GOTY for the PC went to Fallout 3, the Xbox award to GTA4 and, predictably, PS3 GOTY went to MGS4.

Comment

• Send me the save game Asher, I'll see if I can break free for you.
              be free

Comment

• I had a save 30 mins before, it's fine. And no, it was impossible to break free.

I'm not on my PC anyway, won't be back to the apartment for a few weeks.

Comment

• impossible for you, a lot of fun for me, I love those tight situations the most
                  be free

Comment

• I haven't had time to read Gamespot yet, but pretty disappointed that GTA4 won the 360 award. For me it's a decent game but there are several better games.

And with the PC winner being Fallout that suggests that the better performance of the 360 version of GTA4 makes the difference, which isn't that credible.

I think Gamespot's best days are behind it.

Comment

• I think they just didn't want to name the same game for more than one platform. But GameSpot is meh these days And of course their overall GOTY went to MGS4.

Comment

• Well call me old fashioned but I think that the GOTY should be the best game, not the best game exluding games you've already named as best game on a different platform.

Comment

• This is GameSpot This is how they do things.

I do, in fact, doubt the usefulness of an overall GOTY award. GOTY awards for individual platforms make sense, an overall GOTY award barely does. The platforms are different and often the games are so very different that it makes little sense to compare them. There may be similarities between Xbox/PS games and a large subset of PC games, but stuff like Wii or DS games are so very different...

Comment

• Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                            impossible for you, a lot of fun for me, I love those tight situations the most
                            **** off. It's impossible. You're in the middle of ****ing town and you die within 2 seconds.

Get off yourself.

Comment

• Gamespot just named MGS4 the GOTY. They're clearly retarded.

Comment

• GOTY?

Hmm.

1. Fallout 3 (360)
                                2. Dragon Quest IV (DS)
                                3. Final Fantasy IV (DS)
                                4. Dead Space (360)
                                5. Chrono Trigger (DS)
                                6. The World Ends With You (DS)
                                7. No More Heroes (Wii)
                                8. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
                                9. Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
                                10. Lost Odyssey (360)

Good but flawed:
                                The Force Unleashed (360)
                                Infinite Undiscovery (360)
                                Grand Theft Auto IV (360)

Terrible:
                                Lego Indiana Jones
                                Civ-Rev

Incomplete:
                                Left 4 Dead: haven't played mp yet, only the sp.

Haven't played but want to:
                                Tales of Vesperia
                                Last Remnant (on its way via amazon)
                                Little Big Planet (No PS3 yet)

Hyped games I have no desire to play:
                                MGS4
                                Gears 2
                                Last edited by asleepathewheel; December 27, 2008, 10:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X