2008 GOTY awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

You stupid ****ing twit, Fallout 3 is a "Games for Windows Live" game. That account represents PC achievements as well.

Oops.

Comment

lets be nice to Asher - it IS christmas nearly and he seems to be hurting.

Sorry Asher.....for whatever you want that will make you better

Comment

Indeed! 'tis the season of good will and all that. I forgive all previous transgressions.

Comment

You are all wrong and will continue to be wrong whenever I disagree with you. I accept your apologies, but I do not accept your stupidity. You must try harder.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And remember kids, don't steal, or at least make sure you can handle the consequences.

Comment

How do you know what the consequences are until you try?

Would a reasonable person assume the consequences are death in an infinite loop?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This conversation seems to be in an infinite loop. I do wish you would stop bringing it up Asher.

Comment

And on a more serious note, the last two days I've been on a serious Fallout 3 binge now that I have a few days to spare.

I'm level 10 or so, and I think it's great. A definite GOTY contender.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    This conversation seems to be in an infinite loop. I do wish you would stop bringing it up Asher.
                    DrSpike
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Considering you have yet to play the better games, not sure your vote counts for much.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

DrSpike
                        Oh to be so easily amused.

Comment

I know, it's my one big advantage in life. It doesn't take much to amuse me, so I am always amused
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Considering you have yet to play the better games, not sure your vote counts for much.
                            Well it's not in your top 5, and pretty sure it will be in mine even after I've played the spate of good games released in the last couple of months.

I've already got Fable 2 but can't work up much enthusiasm for it at the moment, and Gears is on the way.

Comment

GameSpot does their awards for all platforms together

Among special achievements, best story goes to Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3), best DLC goes to Burnout Paradise (Xbox), best sound design to Dead Space (Xbox), best technical graphics also went to MGS4, best atmosphere is Dead Space, best voice acting is MGS4, which also got the most memorable moment. Looks like a candidate for Gamespot's GOTY, then.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

They have platform specific awards as well, which come later. Actually I think Gamespot's looks like the most thought through set of awards, like most years.

Comment

Working...
                                X