Europa Universalis III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "DRM?"
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Digital Rights Management. Same as for music, used in almost all games nowadays in different strenghts. Think Spore and Red Alert 3 in worst case(5 installs max and spyware on your computer) and Steam's in a better case(CD version not compatible with Steam's version of a game).
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

ah, okay

Comment

Target doesn't have EU III, Circuit City does not have EU III, and Game Stop does not have EU III.

Why does this game have such limited availability?

I really wanted to avoid ordering it online because I want to get my hands on it NOW rather than wait for it get through the damn mail.

Comment

You should move to Europe. Here Paradox themselves distribute the game, over in the US I think they still are relying on a local distributor.

You still can use GamersGate of course, but a quick check seems to show that they don't offer the Complete package there, only the game itself and its XPs separate of eachother. Which means the game +XPs gets much more expensive than it should...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've got the same problem in the UK. Went to a few shops but none of them had any Paradox games. Ended up ordering Crusader Kings through the post, it arrived a few weeks ago. The first Paradox game I've tried.

Fantastic game! Can't wait to try the other titles on offer!!

Comment

Well, in Germany (Lüneburg) they have the complete edition standing at the ´Media Markt´ (#1 electonics store in Germany, i´d guess) for 30€. CK for 15 i think.

Comment

I may have to go ahead and order mine online from amazon.com.

Comment

Sometimes Fry's in the US will have them, an older copy. Sometimes Best Buy will too.

For price, amazon always has them and the best price (unless you find a dog-eared one, marked-down somewhere).

I remember seeing this in a few stores when it came out, but I do not remember seeing it recently (except maybe at fry's, but they got software from "the year 2000" still on the shelves).
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X