Europa Universalis III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa Universalis III

So is this game any good? I have visited the game's website and it seems like it is a fun game. I'm thinking about buying it.

Anyone familiar with it? How is the multi-player element? When playing single player do you get the "just one more turn" appeal?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

no.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

What don't you like about EU III?

Comment

The game is very good, though very involved. The In Nominae "Expansion" is really head and shoulders above the basic game and Napoleans Ambition, because they added so many great features.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

That's cool, conmcb.

How does battling work in EU III? When you start a battle with enemy military units, does it change to a battle screen or do the battles simply resolve quickly on the main screen (as in the Civ games)?

I'm weary about RTS so I'm glad that you can pause in EU III for as long you'd like to make all your decisions. Otherwise, playing a RTS game is nothing but how fast you can click or press shortcut keys.

Comment

Battles make for a little pop-up showing some info that gets updated daily as battle progresses and a result-pop-up, once it´s over. Really not spectacular at all.

The game is still pretty good though and if Civ doesnt give you enough strategy it´s a pretty good complement to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
              Battles make for a little pop-up showing some info that gets updated daily as battle progresses and a result-pop-up, once it´s over. Really not spectacular at all.

The game is still pretty good though and if Civ doesnt give you enough strategy it´s a pretty good complement to it.
              /agreed

If you want a Game with decent battle graphics the Total War series is the way to go.

But strategy wise, EU III is deeper and much more involved
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                What don't you like about EU III?
                its mind-numbingly boring on all but the fastest speeds, the graphics suck, and the combat system is laughable.

Probably the worst game i have ever played in my life, TBH.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Is the expansion really that much better? Having played the crap out of EU2 I noticed some cool stuff but nothing any more fun just trying out EU3.
                  Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

The expansions for EU3 nerfed it for me. The only way I could enjoy the game was to just cheat so I could build a ridiculously huge empire when starting with some obscure principate at the start of the GC. Now that's been made impossible, even with cheating.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Eu3 is good, with NA it's better, with IN it's awesome.

If you want to buy it, I recomment you to buy the Complete pack, it gives you EU3 +both XPs for a price that is quote low. You'll get hundred of hours of fun too.

To quote myself from the other thread:

Well, EU3 was unpolished. It was a good game, but for one thing PI tried a slightly new approach with the franchise, which they didn't get right at first try. Also, the engine was brand new and lacked polishing. Napoleon's Ambition, the first XP, solved the speed issue that plagued vanilla and added some fixes the community wanted. In Nomine, however, made EU3 practically a new game. Lots of content was added, most of the things ingame was changed in some way to the better. Some examples are: New naval system, colonial system, pirate system, religious system, a mission/goal system was added to help both the player and the AI to focus(but it's optional of course if you want to use it), Byzantium was added, as the time frame was pushed back to 1399(you won't believe how much this was wanted, many of us are byzantophiles ). The list goes on, both large and small. It's practically an EU3.5.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        The expansions for EU3 nerfed it for me. The only way I could enjoy the game was to just cheat so I could build a ridiculously huge empire when starting with some obscure principate at the start of the GC. Now that's been made impossible, even with cheating.
                        You can make a WC with any country in IN. Without cheats. With it shouldn't be much of a problem.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Paradox has their own youtube channel with ingame videos and such: http://www.youtube.com/Paradoxplaza

Comment

It looks like there is a demo I can download from the game's official website.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              Eu3 is good, with NA it's better, with IN it's awesome.

If you want to buy it, I recomment you to buy the Complete pack, it gives you EU3 +both XPs for a price that is quote low. You'll get hundred of hours of fun too.

To quote myself from the other thread:

Well, EU3 was unpolished. It was a good game, but for one thing PI tried a slightly new approach with the franchise, which they didn't get right at first try. Also, the engine was brand new and lacked polishing. Napoleon's Ambition, the first XP, solved the speed issue that plagued vanilla and added some fixes the community wanted. In Nomine, however, made EU3 practically a new game. Lots of content was added, most of the things ingame was changed in some way to the better. Some examples are: New naval system, colonial system, pirate system, religious system, a mission/goal system was added to help both the player and the AI to focus(but it's optional of course if you want to use it), Byzantium was added, as the time frame was pushed back to 1399(you won't believe how much this was wanted, many of us are byzantophiles ). The list goes on, both large and small. It's practically an EU3.5.
                              Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X