Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conmcb25
    Gramps

You are going to have to be a bit more descriptive. There is a LOT of Guild Wars knowledge in this thread.

Tell us what mission you're stuck on and we can see if we can help.
    Ill look into it, butI wentinto a series of caverns, had to go into, IIRC, a "SWAMP" water that took energy/health away from me, had to light 4 candles

I have 3 lit but I have found the other candle but cant light it

I had candles in my inventory but they are all gone and still need to light the last one..something of Rembrance I think??

I am so green, need to see which game I am in and then which scenario...

From memory, something like Ashbury was near or Ash something or other.....

Ill look when I get home......

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

yep

Presearing Ascalon. I can't remember the name of the quest but I do remember it well.

The last candle is kind of in a goofy place.

I just looked this upo: Here is the wiki reference:

You get the votive candles from the quest giver, you should get four when you accept the quest.

Try rezoning out and rezoning back in, I believe that should reset the number of candles you have.

PreSearing Ascalon, one of my favorite Guild Wars places.

Things are real easy now, just wait
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Ooo, is that the necromancer training?

What's your primary profession?

And, Gramps, drop me a PM when you decide to leave Pre-Searing. It's been a tradition that I bankroll folks a bit to get them started once they cross over. My guys aren't allowed in newbie land pre-searing, so it'll have to wait for now.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ya

Given by Necromancer Munne (sp?)

His primary is Warrior.

Lets start taking bets whether he goes with wammo or not
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
            yep

Presearing Ascalon. I can't remember the name of the quest but I do remember it well.

The last candle is kind of in a goofy place.

I just looked this upo: Here is the wiki reference:

You get the votive candles from the quest giver, you should get four when you accept the quest.

Try rezoning out and rezoning back in, I believe that should reset the number of candles you have.

PreSearing Ascalon, one of my favorite Guild Wars places.

Things are real easy now, just wait

Ok, green-boy here, what is rezoning out?

Also, could I have "dropped one?

In addition, when I do rezone do I have to go get thm little double-teaming R@T-B@$t@rds in that cesspoll water

Glad to know its all down hill from here

Comment

I remember that quest - it's a real pain navigating the catacombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Ok, green-boy here, what is rezoning out?

Also, could I have "dropped one?

In addition, when I do rezone do I have to go get thm little double-teaming R@T-B@$t@rds in that cesspoll water

Glad to know its all down hill from here
                He means to leave the zone and come back.

Yes, that resets all monsters. I don't recall them double teaming much. It's helpfull to have a bow to pull individuals, then switch to your sword. (Set up weapon sets by exploring the options menu. Somewhere there is a weapon set option that will let you enable up to 4 weapon sets to switch between via the F1-F4 keys)

If you die, you drop them, so it's possible, you can pick up more from Munne in such a case.

I strongly recommend having heal signet on you, (or doing more warrioresque quests to obtain it first)pumping up your tactics (IIRC) as much as you can to make it stronger, and spamming it as needed to deal with the degen.

AND....

If you do the second necro quest...

Spoiler:
                the answer to the trap is to cast animate minion on the dead body on the far side of it. You can't send minions somewhere.

EVERYONE dies on that thing the first time cause they can't figure how to send minions through.
                Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 24, 2008, 15:52.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

He means to leave the zone and come back.

Yes, that resets all monsters. I don't recall them double teaming much. It's helpfull to have a bow to pull individuals, then switch to your sword. (Set up weapon sets by exploring the options menu. Somewhere there is a weapon set option that will let you enable up to 4 weapon sets to switch between via the F1-F4 keys)

If you die, you drop them, so it's possible, you can pick up more from Munne in such a case.

I strongly recommend having heal signet on you, (or doing more warrioresque quests to obtain it first)pumping up your tactics (IIRC) as much as you can to make it stronger, and spamming it as needed to deal with the degen.

AND....

If you do the second necro quest...

Spoiler:
                  the answer to the trap is to cast animate minion on the dead body on the far side of it. You can't send minions somewhere.

EVERYONE dies on that thing the first time cause they can't figure how to send minions through.
                  Do I have to kill all them red highlighted monsters?

Or simply get the quest?

I got sidetracked collecting items and gold

The place that stands out Double teaming me was in that swamp water area

one other location they got two on me, maybe because I was trying to split them..

Comment

Rezoning means basically going back to town (Sardalac Sanatarium I *think*), and then re-entering the catacombs (adventure area vice town) and doing the quest again.

Which if you logged out, you are going to have to do anyway

And yep you get to do the double teaming rat b@stards again

Comment

Looks like Uno answered before I could.

To answer the next question, your goal is to light all the candles, so if you can do that without killing the red guys, great. I doubt you can though

So kill what you need to kill and get the candles lit.

Comment

Planescape Torment is really good.

I also liked Baldurs Gate II.

Some FPSes that crossed over into RPG territory include Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Undying, Thief, and Nosferatu.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Do I have to kill all them red highlighted monsters?

Or simply get the quest?

I got sidetracked collecting items and gold
                          Nah, just the quest. Don't kill everything unless you're farming dyes, assuming the catacombs are still the spot to farm. (DO NOT SELL A DYE, btw. Especially white or black)

The place that stands out Double teaming me was in that swamp water area

one other location they got two on me, maybe because I was trying to split them..
                          ya know...I know Factions explained the following, and maybe Nightfall, but I'm not sure Prophecies ever did:

If you look on your radar, you'll see a faint colored circle around your dot in the center. That is your aggro range. Any time a red dot touches that circle, it's going to come at you. Now, some dots are tied to groups, some not.

You can be REAL careful to only touch one dot with that and back up, or you can get a bow (any but the short bow will work) and attack someone just outside that bubble range to try to split single folk off. But, if they're tied to a group, you still get the whole group.

Trying to remember what skills are available in pre-searing...I know the sword skill to cause bleeding won't do you any good against the skeletons, maybe try whatever axe skills they gave you.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                            I'm starting to think I should give Guild Wars a go, is there a free trial?
                            Check your PM.

I'm not entirely sure if they'll still work, or if I gave them out before.
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

It's a shame that tomes completely destroyed the noob arenas. I used to enjoy it because of the restrictions of skill and attributes. You could make all sorts of crazy builds and still be effective, because everyone else had crazt builds too. It was also good way to get used to new professions. Only occasionally would you get someone who had an elite and high level armor. Now, everyone there does. That is, if anyone plays it anymore.

Actually, I'd love to see some restricted arenas. Where only certain skills were allowed and levels were reduced to 10 or something. But Anet has a hard enough time balancing the regular pvp. It'll just be another gripe-fest on the forums. Although, it'll give people something to do between GW2.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                                It's a shame that tomes completely destroyed the noob arenas. I used to enjoy it because of the restrictions of skill and attributes. You could make all sorts of crazy builds and still be effective, because everyone else had crazt builds too. It was also good way to get used to new professions. Only occasionally would you get someone who had an elite and high level armor. Now, everyone there does. That is, if anyone plays it anymore.

Actually, I'd love to see some restricted arenas. Where only certain skills were allowed and levels were reduced to 10 or something. But Anet has a hard enough time balancing the regular pvp. It'll just be another gripe-fest on the forums. Although, it'll give people something to do between GW2.
                                That's why the holiday arenas are so fun.

Snowball fight!!!

You can win random arenas with some pretty crappy builds, though. It's still a good spot to go in and mess around. (of course, this is coming from someone who has one of each primary ascended, with most/all elites unlocked and max gear on each)
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X