No announcement yet.

Space phase discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like the Space stage the best out of them. All the other stages just go by very quick and are very repetitive. Space has so much more meat.

Those Grox are bastards though, hehe.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Space Age is the most interesting. Civilized the least.

Hydro

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin

How do you approach pirate raids and attacking races? How do you defend?

When trying to defend a colony I get beeped about two other colonies being attacked. The aggressors strip away city defenses and my sole ally ship gets destroyed within a few seconds in every battle. I can kill the enemy ships by strafing, but not before the cities are completely destroyed and the colony lost. I've spent a few hours trying to recover in that game, but it's not looking good... Rebuilding partially destroyed cities are becoming very tedious.

A while into the game, you will be able to buy "Ãœber defence towers" which is actually an invulnerable drone ship that flies around and kill the invaders. After you have installed one on each of your planets, you can pretty much ignore the UFO and pirate alerts. It will kill everything for you, even the Grox. But the latter might sometimes be able to destroy a city before your drone has finished them off completely, which means rebuilding.

I have another question for people who might have played through the whole game. I have reached the title of Omnipotent (the highest title) and am now looking for a way to finish the game. But I always come to a dead end in the innermost part of Grox territory when passing through on my way to the centre of the galaxy. The Grox ships attacking you on each star are not that hard to beat, just bring lots of repair kits for your own ship and your allies. But the range of my ship decreases to only about 3 light years in the inner galaxy, so I can't travel from star to star anymore. Very frustrating, I see the end of Groxland very close, but I can't get to it.

There might be a wormhole somewhere to bypass them completely, but that means hours of trial and error and noting all the names of the wormholes, which pairs that are connected and how to find them. How did you guys do?

EDIT: I reached the centre by choosing a different path, and I found what was there. But the game didn't end. Now what, must I move through Groxland all the way back to my home planet again?
        Last edited by Chemical Ollie; October 5, 2008, 11:51.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

WTF, the game has no end. Once I've discovered the hidden secret, it's back to home and continue as before. Except that "Now I have a ***** ** ****, ho ho ho", so it's much easier. I am God.

What's the next target? I can invade every star in the Universe and paint the planets in silly colours and modify the critters on them to my own liking. Or go destroy every Grox planet, one by one. A single gaming round could take years.

A dollhouse in space.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

start a new game as an herbivore and try to go the whole game w/out killing anything
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
              start a new game as an herbivore and try to go the whole game w/out killing anything
              Yes, yes, shure, I will sooner or later. But is there no way to "win" the game? It seems to have no end. And by the way, there is no penalty for dying either.

Comment

Yep, no way to win. I would like to see someone conquer every planet in the galaxy though
                First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                  But is there no way to "win" the game? It seems to have no end.
                  That's been Will Wright's thing for a while though... You can't win Sims. And IIRC, you can't really win SimCity either...
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

Working...
                  X