Space phase discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space phase discussion

Time to split up the discussion into several threads, instead of having all discussion in one thread
    This space is empty... or is it?

I read that there is a very accurate Planet Earth that can be found. Is it at the center of the Universe?
    be free

Comment

No, it's in the accurate location of Earth.

Apparently one of the starting planets is pretty close.

Something else is at the centre of the Galaxy, though I don't know what.

Comment

I read a spoiler about what it is ... kinda lame from what I heard.

Comment

A black hole which crashes the game?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Do you want a hint ...

It's something you acquire.

Comment

Evidently, if you've played the game as a invading carnivore up until the Space Stage, the game goes "oh, so thats the way you wanna play it?" and is extremely aggro.
              It's a CB.
              --
              SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Do you want a hint ...

It's something you acquire.
                Sooo... some sort of disease?

Evidently, if you've played the game as a invading carnivore up until the Space Stage, the game goes "oh, so thats the way you wanna play it?" and is extremely aggro.
                that's amusing. and appropriate.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hummm... when you reach the Space Phase, you aquire a spaceship... and when you go to the center of the galaxy, you spaceship is there too (since that's the only way to get there - I doubt Will Wright has bothered to include an option for vacuum-dwelling space-amoeba creatures), therefore when you get there, your spaceship will be at the center of the galaxy...
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

You get an achievement called 42 when you reach the center of the Galaxy... (It's not a secret... just look in the list of possible achievements and it'll tell you what you can gt them for)

Haven't got there yet, because my planets were being attacked by empires from 2 sides and then there was the Grox and the Pirates who randomly appeared and attacked as well. The Space game is a very slimmed down game of Civ, complete with random demands for tribute, which can lead to war if refused.

Oh, and the game is 'aggro' in the Space stage regardless of how you play.

Oh, and I can confirm there is a pictures of Will Wright's head at the center of the universe.

In the Creature Creator, at the main menu (Load or New) clcik in the center of the galaxy. That will clear away the interface (click the same spot again to bring it all back). Then click and hold the mouse in the bottom left corner and drag it as quickly to the right as you can... the Galaxy should spin, and if you get it fast enough, Will Wright appears. In the full game of Spore, you just get lots of little pictures of rest of the production team.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Including one of Will Wright peeing on them.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Which would be a great Civgroup icon btw...
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

This is a family site.

I'll get right on it later this evening...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I've reached the space phase on hard difficulty (civilization phase was silly hard due to a poorly timed save). I admit that I am not yet familiar with most of the space phase aspects, but the local star systems are becoming increasingly hostile, making everything frustratingly hard.

How do you approach pirate raids and attacking races? How do you defend?

When trying to defend a colony I get beeped about two other colonies being attacked. The aggressors strip away city defenses and my sole ally ship gets destroyed within a few seconds in every battle. I can kill the enemy ships by strafing, but not before the cities are completely destroyed and the colony lost. I've spent a few hours trying to recover in that game, but it's not looking good... Rebuilding partially destroyed cities are becoming very tedious.

Any tips or mechanics that could help on hard difficulty warfare?

...and yeah, I'm allied with the "Skylarke" and we're getting whupped by the "Get In Ma Belly"... Grrr! (I'm going back to cell phase )

Comment

I've found the only way to deal with a war is to kill off the offending civilization entirely. Otherwise, they will keep attacking your colonies endlessly, and you won't be able to do anything else. Sometimes you'll take enough of theirs so that they offer peace, but then they'll declare again within the hour.

To be fair, this is based on the first game I am playing, and I've been carnivore/hostile through every stage, so ymmv.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X