Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights of the Old Republic MMO

No thread?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Re: Knights of the Old Republic MMO

Originally posted by Heraclitus
    No thread?
    can you expliain this tome?

whut is it abuot?

thnlkks
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

No links?
      Last edited by Nostromo; July 21, 2008, 13:21.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You lost me on "MMO."
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

You lost me on 'Knights'.

Comment

This is the best news EVER.

Comment

Proof?
              The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

The rumor seems to be confirmed. That's a bad news and a good news, IMO. Bad news because MMO's are boring, good news because they'll probably make tons of money with this, which could finance more interesting projects.

Long rumored but never confirmed, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello has publicly declared that a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMO is in the works.

Speaking to Portfolio, Riccitiello explained: "We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development, and the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

When asked to confirm whether the game in question was indeed an online version of Knights of the Old Republic, Riccitiello answered: "Yes."

Knights of the Old Republic, which has so far covered two games, is an RPG series set in the Star Wars universe 4,000 years before the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The player takes on the role of a Jedi Knight, either following the light or dark sides of the Force.
                http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/knights-of-the.html

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You lost me on Knights as well. I was thinking ' Templar'

Also MMO?
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Already done and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      This is the best news EVER.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ok clarified. Thanks.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          Already done and failed.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony...ayers/index.vm
                          They can learn from these mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

They can learn from these mistakes.
                            Maybe. I'm apprehensive.
                            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                              Already done and failed.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony...ayers/index.vm
                              1) At launch, SWG was interesting. Sony bought it. They turned it into the worst abortion of a game I've ever seen outside of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

2) SWG was placed in the movie era, which is a ****ty time for it because there aren't many Jedi running around. During the KOTOR era there are bajillions of Jedi, so everyone can play one and it doesn't break the setting.

3) This is being made by Bioware.

Comment

Working...
                              X