No announcement yet.

Do NOT buy Age of Conan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warhammer Online looks pretty cool, even if they did take the best pen and paper RPG of all time and bastardize it.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
      Have you played the game yet?
      Maybe in a year.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wow, reading this thread, I'm glad I didn't waste my money on it.

Then again, real reason I didn't buy was because of that stupid fileplanet beta. I spent $6 to get a month's subscription to FP, only to get to play an old build that wouldn't launch and required a restart of my computer 95% of the time.

It was also a wonderful opportunity to discover that their tech support was also non-existant, and their forums full of people spouting the, "It's BETA n00b " line. Mind you, this wouldn't have been so bad if the game hadn't gone gold over a week before.

If you're wondering why Tortage is super polished and the rest isn't, the FP "beta" basically only let you run around Tortage.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

It still has potential to kill WoW, it just falls slightly short at the moment.

The dev's said they are dedicated to fixing it, and they do seem to be patching quite a fair bit quite fast. They have hired more programmers as well.
          The problem with MMOs is that first impressions are everything. You might get a trickle of new people later, you might retain people you'd have otherwise lost, but fixing the game years after it came out doesn't give you a new release. If it did, EQ2 would be murdering WoW right now. Instead, I can't even get people to try it.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Victor, I have to disagree, you see, as a person who has already played it extensively, AoC kicks any MMO's ass out there right now, by a long shot.

The problem with AoC, is not the gameplay itself, but the bugs and the loss of content, which btw, is non-existant in other MMO's, at least to AoC's level. AoC is full of content, don't be confused about that, in fact I find there is more to do than any other MMO I have played.

So, AoC's first impression, makes WoW's first impression look pathetic.
            be free

Comment

Victor, I have to disagree, you see, as a person who has already played it extensively, AoC kicks any MMO's ass out there right now, by a long shot.

The problem with AoC, is not the gameplay itself, but the bugs and the loss of content, which btw, is non-existant in other MMO's, at least to AoC's level. AoC is full of content, don't be confused about that, in fact I find there is more to do than any other MMO I have played.

So, AoC's first impression, makes WoW's first impression look pathetic.
              Absolutely the same is true for Vanguard, gameplay-wise it's one of the greatest games ever made. But...

- bugs, and more bugs
              - performance issues
              - content loss in the higher levels

...profoundly ruined it. "Wait until it's fixed and polished, we talk again in 3-6 months" is what I hear for one and a half years now. Does that sound familiar?

Comment

Its an MMO. i hear wow was horribly bugged on day1 too.

anyways the game is still bad imo..... gameplay wise. but i posted that already in another thread.
                :-p

Comment

i dunno how unbiased this article is, but it seems probable... I mean who are they satisfying atm? the casual players? raiders? or pvpers? no one is really happy with the game.

I really feel scammed after buying this game. This game was obviously not meant for my type of players yet it was heavily marketed out to be one. I got suckered into the hype. Damnyou funcom. never again.
                  :-p

Comment

They did [i]slowly[\i] improve Anarchy Online. So I would have expected them to do the same for AoC. I mean, they did 4+ expansions for AO, which had never had much more than 60k subscribers.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                    X