• Show
Clear All

Thanks

I will get into this more this evening!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

Ya but he is a brand new player, 50 gold is a small fortune, and he should have to experience penny pinching before we help him out
      I'm PRETTY sure I recall helping out a certain ranger with a bunch of raw materials and a plat or two when he first came post-searing...

Not to mention holding his hand through most the missions.

I'll spot him his first set of armor post searing with bags and belts

I'm not running him to Drok's for end game armor, though. He gets to find the fun in the journey.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I'm PRETTY sure I recall helping out a certain ranger with a bunch of raw materials and a plat or two when he first came post-searing...

Not to mention holding his hand through most the missions.

I'll spot him his first set of armor post searing with bags and belts

I'm not running him to Drok's for end game armor, though. He gets to find the fun in the journey.
        Really?

Who was that?

I have done the same thing, and one of us will do it for Gramps.

Just don't spoil em too much

And ya everyone should have to fight his way to Droks the first time around. Thats how my W/XX, and my R/XX both got there.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Really?

Who was that?

I have done the same thing, and one of us will do it for Gramps.

Just don't spoil em too much

And ya everyone should have to fight his way to Droks the first time around. Thats how my W/XX, and my R/XX both got there.
          Yeah

i am having a blast

Funny

When i went back yesterday, I battled a bunch of creatures in the caverns area

Then when I got corned and dies, when resurected, It was so darn obvious where to go down the stairs and to the left to where the first candle had to be lit

But had a great time collecting otherwise
          Ii am soon off to go collect some more things from the river

Ill let ya know

Oh and dumb boy bruce here, started using the frenzy and extra health yesterday, helped me a lot indeed

Gramps

Comment

Heh.

Frenzy.

Many fond memories of frenzy in PVP back when the game began......
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Hey Gramps

One major point here, I want to make sure you picked up.

You should have more skills on your skill bar by level 4.

Or more importantly you should have more skills available to put on your bar by level 4.

Do you know how to switch around skills?

@ UnO, I can't wait till he gets to the Maguma Jungle. I still detest that whole region
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Gramps

Before you get out of pre searing, make sure you get a belt pouch, its a quest giver right outside of Ascalon city to your left as you exit. You have to bring him 5 scale fins I believe from the River Creatures just at the river to your left.

Also get your Res Sig from another quest giver also right outside of Ascalon City. You need to be in a group to do that.

And make sure you do all the profession quests, in your case Warrior to get all of your warrior "skills" like frenzy and heal from the above picture.

There is also one quest that gives you skill point. Its from one of the quest givers between Ascalon City and Sardalac Sanatarium.

ASt level 4 you should have a lot more skills and should equip them. Hit menu and the skills button I believe.
                I am at Level 5 now

Here are my attributes
                Attached Files

Comment

You can switch those around Gramps

No reason to have points in both axes and swords at the same time.

And it looks like you need to do the skills quests for warrior. So you can have more warrior skills available to load on your skill bar.
                  Last edited by conmcb25; September 25, 2008, 16:43.

Comment

Hmm, are you taking the quest rewards properly? Each trainer has skills you can learn for free, and some from rewards.

Frenzy/Heal sig is a bit of a long running joke about noob players, since both skills make you die a lot faster and improper use can be amusing.

Comment

Find Warmaster Grast in the Green Hills country, he will give you this quest which grants the some skill rewards for using swords:

Comment

You can switch those around Gramps

No reason to have points in both axes and swords at the same time.

And it looks like you need to do the skills quests for warrior. So you can have more warrior skills available to load on your skill bar.
                        Those are the only skills i have

I chaged attributes around, made me a 2 tactics and 1 sword, dropped other

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Hmm, are you taking the quest rewards properly? Each trainer has skills you can learn for free, and some from rewards.

Frenzy/Heal sig is a bit of a long running joke about noob players, since both skills make you die a lot faster and improper use can be amusing.
                          I have noticed that

and yes it tells you extra health=less armor

Plus attack with frenzy means double damage

experienced themm both first day

I will go back and see about a trainer

not sure how i started..just took off and had me some fun

better drop back and punt

Comment

See my post right above yours for the Person to find to get a quest that will give you more skills

Lets use the above build you have for an example, and I want you to read this wiki page:

Right now since the only "attributed skill" you have is in the "Tactics attribute", the skill points you have placed in the strenght, hammer mastery and sword mastery attributes are wasted. Because those skill points improve the "skills", not just using a weapon without a skill.

So for right now in this simplistic example you would be best served by placing all those "points" in the "tactics" attribute, since the only skill you have that has an attribute is a tactics attribute (Heal Signet)

Warmaster Grast gives you some basic sword skills. Once he does then it maybe better to put some of those attribute points in sword mastery because that will make those sword skills better.

Also strenght is a warriors primary skill, so it has a secondary effect. Not only does points in that attribute help "strenght skills" but they also increase your armor penetration by 1% for each point in strenght. So strenght increases the effectiveness of strenght skills and has the bonus effect of increasing armor penetration on ALL your attack skills.

As you progress in Guild wars, switching around skills, and then doing a balancing act with attribute points, becomes almost its own strategy game within the game, as you try and figure out how to counter different kinds of attacks against you, and make your attacks on the bad guys more effective.

I hope that makes sense. Read that wiki page.
                            Last edited by conmcb25; September 25, 2008, 17:23.

Comment

I just beat up some crawls and won 2 more skills...with swords

Gonna take a break now

Comment

Doing better

I been collecting and selling items

Getting more gold now

Ok

I been Warmaster Grast and picked up 2 swordsman skils

I also went to Duke Barradin and fought Agnar the foot and got the skill Hammerbash

But cant find where to go next to get more warrior skills training

I been twice back and forth to to Warmaster Grast but nothing new

Any suggestions which way to go?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X