Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Ill jump on in about 5 minutes and see if you are around
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
      Ok Ill jump on in about 5 minutes and see if you are around
      Played a bit/...went to the west of the place that start with S..which is northwest of Regent Valley...sanderin or something like that, killing and collecting....

Im now like 1800 or so away from level 10
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Looks like I missed you by about 15 minutes
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I'm in-game now in the catacombs.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Sorry I missed you Tuberski, I logged after Gramps wasn't on and watched Monday Night Football instead.

You do realize that pre sear Ascalon (where you are now) is a very small part of the game correct?

What level are you right now?

Comment

Looks like I missed you by about 15 minutes
              Yeah, sorry I missed your comment but plan on tonight maybe giving another shot

We will see................

I will say, I been kickin butt with my posse', however, I did survive but they got bumrushed in the area I referred to last night...I saw the attack coming (having experienced it firsthand) and floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee and got away

Looking forward to our next adventure together

GT
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Sardalac Sanatarium? (sp?)

Comment

Sorry I missed you Tuberski, I logged after Gramps wasn't on and watched Monday Night Football instead.

You do realize that pre sear Ascalon (where you are now) is a very small part of the game correct?

What level are you right now?
                  Level 5, I get about halfway through the catacombs and stop playing.

ACK!

Comment

• Another one that don't care much for presearing?

The game is MUCH MUCH better after that newbie crap.

Con and I are in disagreement on the 'fun' of presearing. Pointless nonsense...

I nearly quit the game before I got out of there.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• What is presearing?

ACK!

Comment

OK Im going to give you the cliff notes

Read the book, its great Gramps, really. And with the way you love stories and story telling you will like it Im sure.

Pre Sear is set up as a n00bie area. Once you are done there you do a mini mission then you are in Post Sear.

Post Sear is the Continent of Tyria (of which Ascalon the areas around it are a big part.) But its like 100 or 200 years in the future.

During that 200 years the Charr have invaded from the North and basically destroyed most of Ascalon. The beautiful scenery in Pre-Sear is replaced by a burnt out very gritty landscape in post Sear.

The Charr destroys Ascalon and you as a young hero are trying to make your way in this new world.

Post Sear is Really Guild Wars Prophesies. (The Chapter you started in) The World you see now is just a very small fraction of whats available after you do that mission and arrive in Post Sear Ascalon. Its post Sear because the Charr have "seared" (or burned) the landscape.

Thats when the game really starts and like UnO said be dam sure you did everything you wanted in Pre Sear because there is no going back.

Read the book Gramps, you are going to love this storyline.
                        I posted this for Gramps a while back

Presear is where you are right now and its basically a n00bie training area. At level 6 or 7, its about time to head to post sear which happens via a mission given in Ascalon city.

Make sure you have all your skills, you have chosen a second profession and have all the skills for that. There should be two quests for each profession that gives skills in pre sear.

Get your belt pouch, see the collector just outside of AC, and to the left.

Complete the skills quest from Devona, the one that gives you one skill point.

Complete the quest that grants you the resurrection signet. Its given by someone just outside of ascalon city and you need to be in a group in order to finish the quest.

Those are the must do's, IMHO for pre sear, after that get the mission in AC, and go to post sear.
                        Last edited by conmcb25; October 15, 2008, 09:05.

Comment

• Post Sear is actually like 2 to 5 years in the future, after the Charr invade and "Sear" Ascalon.

Pre Sear

The Guild Wars Timeline

Remember Guild Wars Wiki is your friend

Comment

• This is the mission that will take you to post Searing, its linked in the section, I posted above about pre searing.

Ascalon Academy

Make sure you have done everything you want to do in Pre Sear before you do this mission because after you do it, there is no going back.

Comment

• The important things to do before leaving:

Get the skills for your primary and secondary. IIRC, you should be able to get 3 trainers for your primary and 2 for your secondary.

Get the res signet. Ask in Ascalon if you need help with that. Often vets will show you to the sig if you be their gate monkey. (they'll explain that to you too)

Other than that, not much else really matters. And even if you miss something, it's not entirely lost forever.
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                                The important things to do before leaving:

Get the skills for your primary and secondary. IIRC, you should be able to get 3 trainers for your primary and 2 for your secondary.

Get the res signet. Ask in Ascalon if you need help with that. Often vets will show you to the sig if you be their gate monkey. (they'll explain that to you too)

Other than that, not much else really matters. And even if you miss something, it's not entirely lost forever.
                                He really should do that quest that grants a skill point from Devona.

And I still think you should get the belt pouch, its easy enough.

UnO and I will help with your first set of armor and additional bags in Ascalon city post sear. The armor is way better than anything you can get in pre sear.

Here is the list of all the quests you can do in pre sear:

List of quests in Pre and post sear

Comment

Working...
                                X