No announcement yet.

Grandpa Troll's Blue Collar Review of COMMANDER: EUROPE AT WAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How difficult is the game to learn? Do you need several days with it just to figure out the basics?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      How difficult is the game to learn? Do you need several days with it just to figure out the basics?
      No Sir Solver, for real, I had to umm let me think, maybe started 3-5 games first try so I could get the handled

Its fairly easy, but the deal for me is learning as Axis, i need sooo much and well, many peeps wanna jump on Germany and you have to play a strategy very well to succeed.

I found lots of help at Matrix Forums to get me a start

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I hope I am up to more review today, depending on pain level/concentration,ect.

But I want to add a very important observation

Thanks to his humbleness allowing a game between us, Cerberus IV and I have an ongoing,early stage PBEM Match.

We both agreed upon Unlimited Oil for Germany.

But the striking reality is that I had been playing LARGE ADANTAGE for Axis in my single player game.

It sticks out big time now, I would caution against using this when trying to learn, a big handicap and disadvantage to learning.

Now I dont know how Allies are faring and am sure will soon find out, but am having a great time playing.

Look forward to more posts soon.

Gramps

Comment

I did wonder where you were getting all the units in your screenshots from!
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Is there a mod for this game that gives the Nazis the proper flag?
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
              Is there a mod for this game that gives the Nazis the proper flag?
              ZNoya surhe mya frinde

wnahe I feal berrter, iil cheah

Grapsms

Comment

Looks interesting, where did you purchase this?
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                  Looks interesting, where did you purchase this?
                  Online, at Matrix Games, they have a slew of military campaign type games, lots of fun, but admittdely, not nearly as deep as say a Civilization based game.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

ZNoya surhe mya frinde

wnahe I feal berrter, iil cheah

Grapsms
                    Dang, glad these days are nearly behind me, the incoherent babble of Vicodin and Demerol

But after almost 2 years and 8 months I am nearing ready to be rated and released with my disability rating.

Time moves on ...but all will be ok

Comment

I just started playing this again, I was wondering, of the games by Matrix Games has any caught the interest of of the Gurus of Gaming here?

I have had a blast, I am thinking of purchasing some as my settlement is due soon, and figured this would be a good time, once the egg has actually hatched

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                        Solver, very easy to get into..somone of your Intellect and Prestige, most certainly could pick it up in a single setting, maybe an hour or two..will see what works and what doesnt

GT

Comment

I've been playing this on the DS (renamed Military History Commander – Europe at War). I think it's the same as the PC version, except all the troops and hex's are scaled down, obviously for the small screens.

It's very easy to learn. The game is not simple, but it's a lot simpler than say Hearts of Iron, but there is no diplomacy (from what I can tell) in this game.

In my first campaign (Germany, no bonuses, no oil, starting in 1939), it's now February '41, I finished off Yugoslavia and Greece and control most of Europe (except Switzerland, Sweden, Spain). I'm planning to completely ignore North Africa and use all my resources for Barbarossa, heavily researching armour and close-air support in the build-up. I left Western Europe completely undefended, and apart from the odd air attack on Paris (where my garrison trades blows with a British fighter every turn...) the Allies have done nothing so far. We'll see what the Allies can do when I declare war on the Soviets, just need a few more tanks first.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I reinstalled and am having some fun with it again!

Of this "Genre" (forgive if not correct term guys!) has anyone else played any similiar to this game, even a different era?

I am going to post a thread and see if anyone has played some titles I am considering purchasing.

I get one of my settlement checks in perhaps next 30 days, my best buddy and sweetheart has told me i can get what games I want!!!

I see maybe 4 or so and am going to ask feedback on them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gramps

Comment

looks fun
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X