Grandpa Troll's Blue Collar Review of COMMANDER: EUROPE AT WAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>INSERT: PBEM PLAY<<

Myself and Cerberus IV are trying a PBEM game, the saves go like CIVILIZQATION III: Conquests, load from your game directory.

We will keep you informed!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Looks fairly simple and intuitive. When I'm no longer burnt out on WWII games I'll give this a try.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Let us know how well you do against the Russians and later the American-UK forces.
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
          Let us know how well you do against the Russians and later the American-UK forces.
          I will say this FrostyBoy, one of my early starts I tried Blitzkreig, Panzer Style, some Motorized Troops, met HIGH risk, high losses, and after trying some different modes, realize, Tactical/Strategic Bombing is a must.

I will however keep updated when i eneter the actual war this go around.

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            Looks fairly simple and intuitive. When I'm no longer burnt out on WWII games I'll give this a try.
            Let me know if you get it, just patch to 1.04 and if your so inclined, we can do a PBEM match!

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

I am actually doing a review as i go, from what I am/have learned.

I will say I tried attacking Hungary but was unable to, I would imagine due to us being Allies a bit down the road.
              IIRC this game uses production points to do anything so maybe it's because you don't have enough of them to declare war that you cannot attack them?

Also from the pictures I can see that you did not invade France through Belgium, maybe that's why you needed so much firepower, I think where you attacked was were the Maginot Line used to be. I might be wrong though since I haven't played the game yet
              Last edited by Unspeakable Horror; January 7, 2008, 11:12.
              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Looks great.

Unfortunately also looks quite time consuming. Likely one I'll have to file away for eventual purchase once the baby grows up a bit.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror

IIRC this game uses production points to do anything so maybe it's because you don't have enough of them to declare war that you cannot attack them?

Also from the pictures I can see that you did not invade France through Belgium, maybe that's why you needed so much firepower, I think where you attacked was were the Maginot Line used to be. I might be wrong though since I haven't played the game yet
                  Yeah, I have tried it that way but same amount of units, in fact once I took two-three cities (Paris as one) France laid down arms, surrendered.

I am planning on taking those two countries to my North of France soon.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    Looks great.

Unfortunately also looks quite time consuming. Likely one I'll have to file away for eventual purchase once the baby grows up a bit.
                    Fortunatley, they have a save feature

Comment

The problem is where the PC is. So far away from where the baby would be.

Though...looks like it might actually run on the laptop...
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I am planning on taking those two countries to my North of France soon.
                        American ignorance...

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Countries are either pro-Axis or pro-Allied in this game. Seems that you can only declare war on countries that favour the other side.
                          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

American ignorance...

You are correct Nikolai, for if the decadent Americans would simply help, it would not be such a cakewalk, look, now, even the ground trembles at the approach of Fallschrimjäger that have not yet landed, the frozen ground fears the carnage that will be done through Motorisiert Infanterie, but Nikolai, you should follow first hand the account of what is being played out this very hour

Comment

[IMG]France surrenders to Germany

Now, I will send 80% of troops to prepare for Russia.
                              Have you learned nothing from history?

Game looks like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarxis

Have you learned nothing from history?

Game looks like fun.
                                I learned I have a few years before attending to France once more

Comment

Working...
                                X