Assassin's Creed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your own medicine, it is coming up

The PS3 looks like a Panasonic DVD player. The XBox looks like the dorky mini HP PC.
    Post a picture of yourself Anyway I guarantee you the Alienware looks like ass, so I second what everyone else is saying.

Comment

And besides, in most of the country, I'd imagine the guy saying "I want to game on a PC" rather than a console would be considered the weirdo.

I say this preferring to play on PC's.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: your own medicine, it is coming up

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        Anyway I guarantee you the Alienware looks like ass
        Are you saying you guarantee your opinion is better than mine?
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          And besides, in most of the country, I'd imagine the guy saying "I want to game on a PC" rather than a console would be considered the weirdo.

I say this preferring to play on PC's.

The key word in this sentence is country, I assume you are talking about America, which I have no choice but to agree; America IS weird.
          Last edited by FrostyBoy; November 14, 2007, 02:36.
          be free

Comment

Re: Assassin's Creed

Originally posted by DrSpike

Gamespot says yay, but unlike the other recent great games on the Xbox this time it's not unanimous. IGN had a mediocre score, as did several other sites.

Discuss.
            maybe my biatching about the state of the review system got some attention?

Still if people are happy to effectively throw £60 per game down the drain on this 'next-gen' stuff then more power to them I say. I have chosen another way

Edit: hmmm just had a thought. What if gaming review sites now give a wider spread of overall scores(and not just the usual 9+/10). They may just catch me out and steal my money! Why? well as it is I use a metacritic type overview on decideing which game to buy, but with a provision that takes into account modern marketing methods.

If a game has lots of great scores on metacritic(or my own compiling) but is newer than 5 years old I ignore it, thinking that those scores have been artificialy got at.

Now if with Assassins Creed a new system of rating comes in, then maybe I'll buy a game I didn't mean too! curses!!
            Last edited by El_Cid; November 14, 2007, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
              The PC version will come out later, this is because consoles suck, and are actually beta-testing machines.

It will look better and run better on PC's. I'm looking forward to it.
              PC versions come out later because it's a harder platform to develop for. And the graphics aren't the problem for the game.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                Hmm, just read the gamespot review and it said the ps3 version had more solid framerates than the 360 version, the IGN seems to say the opposite.
                IGN has video proof in their head to head. The PS3 version not only has a crappy frame rate, but constant screen tearing due to lack of vsync.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I second that the alienware PC looks fugly. The only people I've seen with such ugly beasts were just as ugly, for what it's worth.

Personally, I prefer my PC case. Not just because I prefer the aesthetics, but because it's ultra quiet and has great thermal characteristics. Also, it doesn't look like a child's toy. Does the Alienware make pre-recorded sounds when you pull its ripcord?

Comment

Antec. When I build my new PC that's the only case I'm going to use if I don't buy the Zalman HD160.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

But yeah, the AW looks Fugly...who in their right minds would buy that case?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

My case:

Comment

I don't like Alienware either. I want to get the fanless case
                          JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hmm, too bad. While it's highly unlikely I would have bought Assassins creed, it was one I kinda had my eye on as a rental. It sounded interesting.

And, the Alienware does look like crap.

Not that I should talk, my PC looks like frankenstein with all the pieces and parts, none of which match, I've thrown into the beast.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

But UnO, if you made it, it was because it was supposed to be scary

Comment

Alienware used to make me damp, but I think I'd rather have one of these...

Only £4,533.93 for that:

Ultraviolet Advanced Liquid cooling for quiet and stable temperature control
                                EVGA 680i Black Pearl liquid cooled motherboard for supreme stability in the heart of the machine
                                Intel QX6850 Extreme liquid cooled quad core clocked to 3.5GHZ for the premium power inside
                                Dual EVGA 8800 GTX Ultra Black Pearl liquid cooled graphic cards in SLI mode to make sure that the realism of your 3d games is unmatched.
                                2 GB of OCZ 1066 memory for those demanding games
                                Dual 150 GB raid 0 high speed Raptor hard drives for a high speed operating system (300GB) and a 750GB secondary drive for plenty of install space for your games.

Needs to rob bank

Comment

Working...
                                X