No announcement yet.

World in Conflict!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd definitely give a demo of this a shot if it pops up on XBL.

Comment

Unless you like the multiplayer a lot, just rent it.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

N35, that mission is indeed a pain in the arse, I was rewarded for perservering as the next mission was one of my favorites, with probably the biggest battles in the game (also the most slowdown)

Ive been playing multiplayer and enjoying it a whole hell of a lot lot, look me up as snotty128 although im sure we are too different timezones and such, I will be about a lot during the xmas break
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

It's really bad but every time someone bumps an old thread I just end up chuckling at my own witticisms.

Comment

So is this a "shooter" ala Battlefield 1942 or COD

or is more like moving units like C & C?

Thanks

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

C&C but you don't build things.

Multiplayer is split up between Infantry/Armor/Support/Air unlike other RTS games.
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                C&C but you don't build things.

Multiplayer is split up between Infantry/Armor/Support/Air unlike other RTS games.
                Good!

I am wondering, are there endless supply lines(or resources) or it doesnt address this?

Thanks

GT

Comment

You start off with X amount of points depending on the mission or multiplayer game. In some single player missions you get an additional amount of points midway through. Each unit is worth a certain amount of points. In some missions you can choose which units you want at the start, in others you start out with certain ones.

If a unit dies, you gain the points it was worth back over time. The regeneration is not immediate.

In some missions you get free units that don't cost points but you do not get the regen if they die. An example of this is running into a National Guard unit that joins up with you.

In MP games, you can buy units in your section at normal cost, but ones outside your section are higher. For example, if you are Air you can buy an Apache for normal cost, but a Bradley would cost more than normal. This makes combined arms and coordination very important.

So basically you have endless supply lines, but you really don't want to loose units as that really slows your momentum.

The units appear where ever you put the drop zone. You have a drop zone area based on the area of the map you control. It takes them a while to drop in though, so that adds on even more time after you get the regenerated points back.

I really like the system. You just focus on tactics instead of worrying about managing buildings too.

Comment

Im sold, picked it up today along with a strategy guide

Ill post some screenies and feedback as I get into it

Gramps

Comment

Im still playing this in MP. Play in the pub can blow if your team is rubbish, but it seems more balanced than other games with team pubs and PUGs. I dont know how I could go back to RTS with base building now
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                      X