Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MosesPresley
    Alright! I rarely play online anyway.
    I think you will with this game. The multiplayer option makes it extremely easy to play online.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I was just about to start a thread on this game

It looks totally SWEET

I realize that this game is by the developers of Ground Control.

I played GC II and it was one of the best RTS tactical simulations IMO. You really felt that stuff like joint combat, and tactical map features were important.

All the different features felt really at home and made you feel strong and vulnerable at the same time. I really enjoyed it. Infact, I'm considering making some room on D: and installing it again

Comment

It really wasn't that big of an invasion in cargo containers. The US only has a battalion size element that defends against them.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Anyone here play the game online? I'm playing under the nick Kevin Rill atm cos some bastard took Krill.

It's a brillant MP game, requiring alot of team work but with a very small learning curve for how to play, about 3 hours to pick it up.

Also, Lonestar, but if you took 2 HA and one HAA you must have been playing against noob air players.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

WiC is nice, but has two downfalls:
            1) No Soviet campaign.
            2) Awful camera controls.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              The idea of a Soviet land invasion in 1989 by means of unmarked cargo containers seems to be a stretch to me.
              Given that we STILL inspect only about 5% of all the cargo containers entering our borders, a Soviet land invasion is still a possibility. Just ask Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson...
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I really want to get this game, but I know I need to be alone in a dark room to fully enjoy it; unfortunately I don't have that choice here.
                be free

Comment

The voices in your head never leave huh?

Comment

The large scale of the maps is impressive, with a fair amount of detail when zoomed in too. It took me a little while to get used to everything seeming so small. but then I got told off in one of the story missions for not killing the enemy artillery because I had been too busy watching how long their rockets arced through the sky for.

The zoomed in detail is good, from the buildings to the explosions from artillery etc. It makes me feel like im in a slightly old FPS (like BF2)when zoomed in which is the bext Ive seen so far! I would like to be able to just jump into a tank and drive around shooting things
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

[q=onodera]WiC is nice, but has two downfalls:
                      1) No Soviet campaign.[/q]

Says the Russian...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        The voices in your head never leave huh?
                        "forget conquering Sicily. Load up THAT GAME one more time, have your character keep inviting that blond over to watch TV, buy a new refrigerator, add more space to the bedroom, develop your mechanical skill, ..."
                        "argghh, NO, go away!!!!!!!"
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

[q=DrSpike]The voices in your head never leave huh? [/q]

Some voices never shut up more like.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

"forget conquering Sicily. Load up THAT GAME one more time, have your character keep inviting that blond over to watch TV, buy a new refrigerator, add more space to the bedroom, develop your mechanical skill, ..."
                            "argghh, NO, go away!!!!!!!"
                            Hmm, you appear to have a severe case of advanced simsistic schizophrenia disorder. As a doctor I can only recommend self termination immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                              [q=DrSpike]The voices in your head never leave huh? [/q]

Some voices never shut up more like.
                              Not sure if this was meant to be an insult or not.

Comment

pretty good game. I'm bored on the puget sound mission, trying to convince a couple of friends of MPing.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X