SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
    And I actually think the screenies look good from a goofy-sim point of view. Trouble is I don't want Sim City to be goofy.
    Picture doesn't show

And most SimCity fans agree, SimCity should not be goofy
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I found a small video of SC:S here:

I wonder when we hear more about City Life 2
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Well that video just made me more convinced that what I said earlier is true, that it'll be fine on it's own but the black sheep of the Sim City series.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• I think it has come interesting elements to it. They've added more control on the part of the mayor. You can decide what building goes down as opposed to zoning.

I feel kind of shaky about the whole thing. I'm interested in the ability to maximize different societal energies though. I like that you can create an Orwellian city or a hippy commune based on what you invest in.
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• That's not how SimCity works, though. You don't place down specific R/C/I buildings, you zone for them.

Comment

• Yeah, the control you have over the city's development has always been indirect. You only directly determine the conditions of it. The fact you can decide how large a city becomes in fact already is a huge (but necessary) compromise to gameplay. In reality the factors that decide a city's long-term growth are external.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• They put a woman in charge of the game, that pretty much answers many questions.

Sigh, hopefully the game is highly moddable.

Can you imagine Civilization 5 directed by a woman?

Civilization 5: Families

War will be discarded as a redundant feature.
                City Improvements will consist of shopping malls, yoga facilities, family planners.
                Great Wonder: Oprah Winfrey Show
                Only one way to win: First one to make friends with everyone and produce happy families

Last edited by FrostyBoy; June 17, 2007, 22:18.
                be free

Comment

• Umm... huh? What does that have to do with it?

I hope you never go into management, you'll end up sued so fast your head will spin
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Have you seen the list of names on those who worked on The Sims before and after its release?
                    be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
                      They put a woman in charge of the game, that pretty much answers many questions.

Sigh, hopefully the game is highly moddable.

Can you imagine Civilization 5 directed by a woman?

Civilization 5: Families

War will be discarded as a redundant feature.
                      City Improvements will consist of shopping malls, yoga facilities, family planners.
                      Great Wonder: Oprah Winfrey Show
                      Only one way to win: First one to make friends with everyone and produce happy families

And I agree the people responsible for the Sims are women or highly effeminate men.

Comment

• @ Sn00py

Comment

• Apolyton Thunderdome: Two snoopys enter, one snoopy leaves.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• I agreed with Snoopy
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Edit: Spaced, which one?
                              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• The sensible one I quoted, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X