SimCity... the end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostOfDisco
    Well, I really haven't played SimCity since SC2000, which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to run on Intel Macs.
    That's the price you pay for your sins.

Comment

• With E3, and all of the info about SC:S that has been released, maybe it's time to have another look at SC:S. Based on the 2 impressions/review articles I link to below, maybe some of the initial criticism was premature. What do you think?

From IGN
      From ShackNews
      and from WorldSims

As mentioned in the worldsims article commentary, maybe it is time to stop criticizing SC:S for what it is not and start evaluating it for what it is.

Comment

• Nope, still goofy.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• I liked this part:

[q=ShackNews]A representative from Tilted Mill told me that the game will be incredibly modable. Those proficient in C# and XML will have easy access to every asset in the game[/q]

Mods might be able to save this game from being one of the usual 2-weeks-then-uninstall games. Hopefully mods can make this game more realistic

I will try out the game to see what it is, but I doubt I'll buy it
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio
            I found a small video of SC:S here:

http://au.media.pc.ign.com/media/925/925931/vids_1.html
            OMG, I want it, I want it, I want it!!!

at the part about corrupt police stations making money from criminals for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
              They put a woman in charge of the game, that pretty much answers many questions.

Sigh, hopefully the game is highly moddable.

Can you imagine Civilization 5 directed by a woman?

Civilization 5: Families

War will be discarded as a redundant feature.
              City Improvements will consist of shopping malls, yoga facilities, family planners.
              Great Wonder: Oprah Winfrey Show
              Only one way to win: First one to make friends with everyone and produce happy families

Women can't make good games? What a pathetic comment.

Comment

• Women like different kind of games often, that's not the same as them making bad games.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio
                  I liked this part:

[q=ShackNews]A representative from Tilted Mill told me that the game will be incredibly modable. Those proficient in C# and XML will have easy access to every asset in the game[/q]

Mods might be able to save this game from being one of the usual 2-weeks-then-uninstall games. Hopefully mods can make this game more realistic
                  In others words, the devoted gamer has to do the developers work again.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Exactly
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Straybow- ah, glad to see another of similar taste. SC 2000 was the last Sim City game that I enjoyed. They don't make those games like they used to, don't they.

Then again, I'm a bit of a gaming codger- the last time I purchased games was in 2002. (Neverwinter Nights, Baseball Mogul 2002, and Rollercoaster Tycoon II). [...Simply odd because from 1992-2002, I purchased probably nearly 300 good production quality games, probably more... everything from the Kings Quest/Space Quest series to Myst to Age of Empires to Baldurs Gate, to Hollywood Mogul, Theme Park Tycoon, M.A.X., Total Annihilation, Starcraft, et. alia.]!!

Oh well...

Time to go out and buy something that changes the entire paradigm and focuses on gameplay rather than visuals and 'pizazz'... time to go find myself a Wii...
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I don't want to trash something I don't know enough about just yet. I will say that I'm very worried that this game will not live up to the simcity name and will probably be the first time I didn't buy something from the Simcity series on the day it came out.

I think at best this would be considered a spin off and I hope that if and when Maxis makes another SimCity game they will have the balls to call it SimCity 5.
                        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

• I just CANNOT WAIT to build hamlets with four-lane streets.

Comment

• Eww.

Comment

• Well, look at the bright side, this could be a great experiment to shed light on the "does graphics add to gameplay?" debate.
                              be free

Comment

• Looking at it a bit more, it looks like something from 1997.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X