Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My numbers are based off actual npd numbers, your numbers are based off vgchartz which have been known to have overstated or understated hardware sales by 50% compared to npd. So in conclusion, vgchartz is woefully inaccurate. Their world wide numbers are just pulled from somebody's arse, and the correction they have to make to their u.s and Canada numbers after npd numbers comes out is usually around 20%. This is no telling what their error is in reporting European sales.
    Last edited by flash9286; September 2, 2007, 14:32.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286
      My numbers are based off actual npd numbers, your numbers are based off vgchartz which have been known to have overstated or understated hardware sales by 50% compared to npd. So in conclusion, vgchartz is woefully inaccurate. Their world wide numbers are just pulled from somebody's arse, and the correction they have to make to their u.s and Canada numbers after npd numbers comes out is usually around 20%. This is no telling what their error is in reporting European sales.
      I'm sorry but you are completely full of ****. You were the one who suggested I go there and now you don't like it because it no longer supports your case.

haha
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai
        Wii is no longer supply constrained. At least not in my part of Europe.
        Whenever I've been at Best Buy, EB Games et. al. they've never had any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          At this point Nintendo's failure to meet demand reflects badly on them.
          But brilliantly on their marketing guys.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• They are not supply constrained here any more (they were upon release) but I do get the impression there isn't much wiggle room. The very best deal online is only £5 below the best release price.

With the PS3 and Xbox price cuts you can get some crazy deals here now, actually making the Xbox not much more expensive than the Wii.

Comment

• I still can't get over that name. Why didn't they call it the Nintendo Wanker?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

I'm sorry but you are completely full of ****. You were the one who suggested I go there and now you don't like it because it no longer supports your case.

haha
                There is a reason why I used American numbers only they revise their guess/estimates for American sales off npd numbers, there is no revision of their European numbers since this no real agency that tracks European sales IIRC.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• That PS3-PSP ability is pretty frickin cool, even if it doesn't work all that well yet.

I might have to get these after ff13 comes out, after getting a ds a few months ago, I find it difficult to play traditional ff like rpgs on consoles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                    You can even set the graph to compare worldwide sales. It shows the PS3 tracking the 360 in shipments. I've attached it below.
                    Yup, they're pretty much neck and neck if you want to look at it from a heavy bias. Here in the real world, it doesn't matter if you align your launch dates. The Xbox 360 launched a year before the PS3 and is spanking the PS3 in sales.

As for the Wii -- there's no reason for it to be in the same chart. The Wii should be grouped in with a sales chart for similar entertainment consoles, such as board games and Tiger Electronics handhelds -- it sure as hell doesn't compete with the Xbox 360 or PS3. Look at Madden sales, for instance.

Even with the "incredibly awesome" Wii-specific control scheme and features, it got spanked badly.

Wii has more hardware units sold than 360 now, right?

Madden 08 sales by platform:
                    360: > 1,100,000
                    Wii: < 100,000

The Wii is the new king of shovelware also. How many Wii titles scored above 90% on gamerankings? Hell, 80%?

The 360 had way more titles with better reviews by this time in its lifecycle, not to mention now.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The games are starting to come now though and the userbase is pretty impressive. I see you haven't got any less biased during your holiday, but welcome back anyway.

Comment

• Which games are starting to come?

Metroid Prime 3, a decidedly "good" game that was released at just the right time to be overshadowed by a better game for the 360...

As for upcoming games, which Wii games look remarkably promising? "Super Duper Smash Brothers Revolution Ultra Fighter VII"? Mario Galaxy?

Or are you referring to other blockbusters, such as EA Playground?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• And here I was just thinking I could use some more fanboy ranting in my day, and then Asher's back! It all works out!
                          I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• This fanboy owns them all. I'm just less forgiving for blatant flaws.

Similarly, the 360's reliability problems are infuriating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              Which games are starting to come?

Metroid Prime 3, a decidedly "good" game that was released at just the right time to be overshadowed by a better game for the 360...

As for upcoming games, which Wii games look remarkably promising? "Super Duper Smash Brothers Revolution Ultra Fighter VII"? Mario Galaxy?
                              You just named 3.

Comment

• Name one thing they have in common...

It starts with "washed up".

Metroid Prime 3 is the freshest of them all, but at it's core it's not going to be an extremely popular game.

Smash Brothers will sell very well, Galaxy will sell decently.

Isn't Prime the only game out this year worth getting for the Wii? And even then, it's only worth getting as a rental.

Wii software sales suck. Wii software quality sucks. When you market your platform to developers as "it's easy and cheap to develop on", we should not be surprised when the quality is supremely lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X