Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: mostover rateded games ever

Originally posted by DrSpike
    hmmm... I just talk to about one point here. Black and White WAS highly rated.

“...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Yeah, I recall it was rated very highly 90%+ by PC Gamer and PC Zone at the time.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thats Peter M for you, he has a problem with talking with his imagination and not with what he has actually done.

In fact, I am quite sure his staff are annoyed with him for setting expectations unrealistically high.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson, we shall see with his 2 new games.
        be free

Comment

Warcraft II. It came out the same year as C&C (I think) and was far inferior. Even C&C had different units for each side; Warcraft II was just "who can build the most X the fastest."
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

WCII was by far the better game.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              WCII was by far the better game.
              Meh. I played both and I disagree. The combat system left much to be desired. But the point is not so much that WC2 was better than or worse than C&C; it's that it was (and is) overhyped. You'll note that in Starcraft, their next title, they ditched the equal combat system of WC2 and went even more radically in the direction of C&C. WC2 was a decent game but not particularly groundbreaking.
              Lime roots and treachery!
              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                The hype for Oblivion wasn't that high, compared to other games, I guess that's because the fanbase has learned not to expect too high of games anymore.

I think the hype for Oblivion was about right, I liked the game, and enjoyed the scenery and mechanics, but the overall gameplay was a little dry for me, the game would have been a lot better if there were more terrain types, despite the size of the world, I felt trapped.
                What? I remember TONS of hype, about the amazing adaptive AI it would have, about how gorgeous it was, etc. It was beautiful but the actual game sucked. And none of the hyped stuff - the physics, the AI - made it in, at least not in a useful form.

Comment

Black and White was most certainly overrated. They even went so far as to call it a game.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

What? I remember TONS of hype, about the amazing adaptive AI it would have, about how gorgeous it was, etc. It was beautiful but the actual game sucked. And none of the hyped stuff - the physics, the AI - made it in, at least not in a useful form.
                    You should probably say "it sucked, IMO". Gamespot gave it a 9.3. If you check out the player reviews on Gamespot, they gave it 9.4. And if you consider 71 online reviews from other gaming sites, Oblivion got an average of 9.3. Not bad for a game that sucks.

I don't think it sucks. But, that said, I certainly don't think it deserves such a high score. Civ 4 deserves 9.4, Oblivion simply doesn't, IMO.
                    Last edited by Nostromo; May 2, 2007, 23:17.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You should probably say "it sucked, IMO". Gamespot gave it a 9.3. If you check out the player reviews on Gamespot, they gave it 9.4. And if you consider 71 online reviews from other gaming sites, Oblivion got an average of 9.3. Not bad for a game that sucks.

Um, isn't the point that it's overrated?

Comment

Halo 2 and Oblivion.

Mind you, I like Halo 2, I just don't think it's the omg0wnz many people hold it as.

Oh, and FFVII.
                        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Um, isn't the point that it's overrated?
                          Read the whole post, dumbass.

I pointed that out because a lot of people obviously love the game. A lot of people think it doesn't suck. Far from it. That's why you should add an "IMO" to your "it sucked".

That said, I agree with you up to a certain point. Its overrated, yes. But not that overrated. Its worth about 8.5, IMO. Its an OK game, but it doesn't rock, IMO. I'm certainly not gaga about it.
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I don't get it. There wasn't a game in it. There were pretty graphics and an immersive world and a good storyline, but nothing actually fun to do.

Comment

I found it fun to play through the story lines and immerse myself in the world.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Then it was a good book, or movie. Not game. (Actually, the books in Oblivion are excellent.)

Comment

Working...
                                X