Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have grind?

Comment

Haven't you been listening? Grind is good because it offers people with busy lives something they can do to progress their characters whilst watching TV, or something like that.

Comment

I don't have to grind. My SO just bought me another ship, a battleship this time, and all I do is log on every now and then and change a skill.

Soon I should be leet enough to play.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Tis a nice ship you got, too.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Haven't you been listening? Grind is good because it offers people with busy lives something they can do to progress their characters whilst watching TV, or something like that.
            Technically speaking, I don't think grind can be considered grind, unless you are grinding. Which leads one to believe if you are afk, then you are NOT grinding
            Last edited by conmcb25; February 8, 2007, 22:02.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Why have grind?
              If there was no grind the the poor players who have a lot of time wouldn't play.

The fact that this inconvienciences the better players isn't such a big deal.

Yes, many of the better players need to do little to no grind at all.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

But in all MMOs at least 80% of players are above average.

Comment

Actually, I disagree with that statement. (you might be joking...)

Most players are pretty poor, even if they have good equipment.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I suspect he is joking (maybe economist humour). If 80% were above average the 20% that were below average would all have to be very low (or the 80% who were above average would have to be just above average.

I would guess that around 50% of the players (of any game) are above average, and not coincidentaly 50% of the players are below average.

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Skill obviously follows an exponential distribution

Comment

I was assuming average = decent skill level.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                          Actually, I disagree with that statement. (you might be joking...)

JM

Comment

So did you end up playing, or what?
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've played Eve - though I don't own an account a mate of mine was one the more powerful players early on, before he got bored of it.

Comment

I meant Snoopy, actually. I knew you had played it before and it wasn't to your taste, which is wierd as the economic aspect of Eve is second to none. Market pvp ftw.

Comment

Working...
                                X