FG: Mafia 48: Galactic Intrigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 3: Crushed hopes

Once again, and yet again to my surprise, my advisors had nothing better to do than accuse each other. To my surprise, however, this time they were near-unanimous in accusing Lord Vetko of Ventis's murder. Barchild was the first to make the accusation, claiming that the note left by the murderer seemed to be in Vetko's writing style. By the time I got around to talking to Senator Danq, a majority of my advisors had accused Vetko. Not wanting to waste time and let a murderer slip away, I thus did not bother to talk to the rest of my advisors and ordered the execution of Lord Vetko.

Although I had been skeptical that Vetko was the murderer at first, there were no more killings for several weeks. It seemed like the Galaxy was back to normal, and that we could all enjoy peace and harmony again. During all of this time, however, there was a sour taste in my mouth that I simply could not get rid of.

Then, 52 days after Lord Vetko's execution, I received an urgent call from Mr. Y. Y had gone to visit Danz at his home for a business meeting, only to find him strangled to death, with a note left at the scene. The note read:

HaHaHa, I can't believe you guys thought it was Lord Vetko! Sure, he's always been fanatically anti-Ventis, but to think that a man of his small intellect could so cleverly succeed? It pains me to have to eliminate my good friend Danz, but there will be no place for such money-grubbers in my Ultimate Society Zone....hehe, you shouldn't even bother trying to figure out who I am. You're so stupid that there's no way you could ever ppeenneettrraattee the _depths_ of THIS MES--SAGE.

Once again, I put Min Grah in charge of the investigation, and polled my advisors about the identity of the killer...

---------

Code:
    Emperor Kimsja Naviniwat III civman2000 GM
    Lord Vetko Rasputin Executed, Chapter 3
    Senator Danq Ljube Alive
    Zol Ventis Skanky Burns Lazorgun-whipped by Mafia, Chapter 2
    Ciann Pollus Adagio Alive
    Min Grah Chaunk Alive
    Agath Agathari rah Alive
    Colony I Spaced Cowboy Ice-picked by Mafia, Chapter 1
    Barchild duke o' york Alive
    Captain Imperium Hercules Alive
    Mr. Y Jonny Alive
    Polly Siffan snoopy369 Alive
    Professor Morissa Sparrowhawk Alive
    Basileus Naviniwat Nikolai Alive
    Crystal Gonhu Leirosa Executed, Chapter 2
    Danz Whoha Strangled by Mafia, Chapter 3

Comment

rah I fear the red herring points towards you.

Comment

and exactly how is one "stranqled"?

Comment

Hmmm... the highlighted SOCIETY ZONE suggests Smiley, the creator of the Society FG. But Smiley's character in GO was Pyllka, who isn't here. So Il'l go with Basileus Naviniwat.

Comment

Hmm, Thinking back to society I did make quite a few enemies.

Comment

If I recall correctly, my eventual eventian vote was for Basileus Naviniwat.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Update will be Sunday (in the morning if I have time, otherwise in the afternoon or evening). Get those votes in!

Comment

I will return to voting for Basileus Naviniwat

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                    MES--SAGE... sage? Agath Agathari is described as currently inhabiting a monastery...
                    Sounds like a reasonable reason: Agath Agathari

And it fits with this too:

ppeenneettrraattee

With all the repeating letters
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Indeed. Agath
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It looks like Agath Agathari from here.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Agath.

Comment

I read that clue and thought that's it for me.
                            IT"S A RED HERRING.

Basileus Naviniwat for the block.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Basileus Naviwinat to support rah.

By the way, you all misspelled his name.

Comment

I misspelled nothing. Civman records Basileus Naviniwat on the character sheet, and thus I vote for whom Civman includes in the game.

Perhaps you are confusing Basileus Naviniwat with his "good" half-brother Basileus Naviwinat?
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X