FG: Mafia 48: Galactic Intrigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Mafia 48: Galactic Intrigue

It was 20 years before the Galaxy broke into war among the many Overlords, 20 years before Lord Vetko revolted against the Empire and thrust the Galaxy into anarchy. It was a time of peace. While there were those who opposed the Imperial government, there was generally a feeling of friendship in the air (or rather, in the vacuum of space).

I, Emperor Kimsja Naviniwat III, ruled the Galaxy peacefully, harmoniously, and relatively democratically, and consulted with my closest friends and the wisest men and women of the Galaxy on all of my decisions. These advisors included politicians (Barchild, Senator Danq, and Ciann Pollus), military men (Captain Imperium and Lord Vetko), administrators and civil servants (Polly Siffan, Crystal Gonhu, and Zol Ventis), philosophers and scientists (Agath Agathari and Professor Morissa), and businessmen (Mr. Y and Danz). Another of my advisors was Min Grah, though I only would consult with him about law enforcement issues. Recently, my cousin Basileus Naviniwat had also developed a close relationship with me, and at his urging, I began seeking the advice of Colony I, one of the most sophisticated computer systems in the Galaxy.

However, despite this spirit of peaceful cooperation, two of my advisors independently and secretly plotted to eliminate all of the others and thus become the sole power behind the throne...

Code:
    Emperor Kimsja Naviniwat III civman2000 GM
    Lord Vetko Rasputin Alive
    Senator Danq Ljube Alive
    Zol Ventis Skanky Burns Alive
    Ciann Pollus Adagio Alive
    Min Grah Chaunk Alive
    Agath Agathari rah Alive
    Colony I Spaced Cowboy Alive
    Barchild duke o' york Alive
    Captain Imperium Hercules Alive
    Mr. Y Jonny Alive
    Polly Siffan snoopy369 Alive
    Professor Morissa Sparrowhawk Alive
    Basileus Naviniwat Nikolai Alive
    Crystal Gonhu Leirosa Alive
    Danz Whoha Alive

Chapter 1: Murder in a time before LazorZ...

Sunday, May 14th, 4233 GE, it was, when the killings began. I was eating breakfast in peace in the Palace, watching a game of Hyperchess on the holovision, when I received a call from my cousin Basileus Naviniwat:

"Sir, Your Highness, I have terrible news. Last night, Colony I mysteriously malfunctioned. It was found this morning that someone hacked into the CPU with an icepick!"

"So it was a murder?" I asked.

"Sir, yes sir."

Suddenly, I heard a strange noise, sort of like a dog barking, but somehow different. I called up the Palace Guards and asked them what the sound was. They responded that they had heard nothing, but would investigate. A few hours later, they reported that an Spacedog from Sector 57 had somehow gotten into the Palace, only to impale himself on a coat rack. I fired the guards who had been respondsible for the slip-up, and then turned my attention back to the murder of Colony I.

Since this was quite an important and high-profile murder, I decided to put my good friend Min Grah in charge of the investigation. Meanwhile, I contacted all of my advisors and asked them who they thought was responsible. I decided that I would execute whoever the majority (or plurality) of them accused of the killing...
    ----------------

Well, then, what did the advisors tell the Emperor? That's up to you to decide! I'll update either tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning, depending on how much time I have and how many votes have been cast.

Code:
    Emperor Kimsja Naviniwat III civman2000 GM
    Lord Vetko Rasputin Alive
    Senator Danq Ljube Alive
    Zol Ventis Skanky Burns Alive
    Ciann Pollus Adagio Alive
    Min Grah Chaunk Alive
    Agath Agathari rah Alive
    Colony I Spaced Cowboy Ice-picked by Mafia, Chapter 1
    Barchild duke o' york Alive
    Captain Imperium Hercules Alive
    Mr. Y Jonny Alive
    Polly Siffan snoopy369 Alive
    Professor Morissa Sparrowhawk Alive
    Basileus Naviniwat Nikolai Alive
    Crystal Gonhu Leirosa Alive
    Danz Whoha Alive

Comment

I'm starting to feel like Rah!
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

And OTOH I think rah can soon be allowed to relax.

I'll wait for some smart guy to convince me who's responsible before I vote btw.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Sector 57 i'm not sure I understand. However, Crystal Gonhu has a name that sounds a lot like ice (crystals) ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Surely replacement parts can be ordered for the emperor's Colony Unit, for a nominal fee of course.

I firmly believe one of the philosophers to have been responsible for this destruction of the emperor's property however. Rumors of their opposition to any machine in the likeness of a human mind are abound.

But I must further admit that many of the political bureaucracy must have no doubt felt threatened by this machine which was, until recently, advising our Emperor. Ciann Pollus stood to gain the most from the removal of this computer, which had exposed a great deal of corrupt dealings on Junction.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Sector 57 i'm not sure I understand. However, Crystal Gonhu has a name that sounds a lot like ice (crystals) ...
              (Ice) Crystal Gonhu sounds like the one, where the evidence points at
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

You have no idea how much I approve of this thread and how much I regret that I no longer have enough spare time to post in / GM these games.

Roll on summer.
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                  I'm starting to feel like Rah!

You still have a ways to go to catch up, but you're getting there
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Icepick! It has to be a commie then.
                    Basileus Naviniwat seemed to know about this murder awfully early on.

Comment

I'm not sure I get the icepick reference to commies?

Comment

Stalin was "supposed" to have had Trotsky killed when he was living in exile in Mexico. Whether he did or not, Trotsky was murdered by a fanatical Russian wielding an icepick.

Forum Games teach you things!

Comment

I totally fail to see the connection between me and the term "commie".
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                            Stalin was "supposed" to have had Trotsky killed when he was living in exile in Mexico. Whether he did or not, Trotsky was murdered by a fanatical Russian wielding an icepick.

Forum Games teach you things!
                            Excellent

Comment

Min Grah strode into the Emperor's receiving room with a saunter that only a truly arrogant man would even attempt to pull off.

"My Liege, allow me to present my case regarding the terrible events that have recently befallen Colony I. As we know, an intruder crept into the room where the priceless CPU was housed, and attempted a brute force hack using an icepick.

"My lieutenants have given me the initial reports, and I'm sorry to say that all the evidence points to your cousin Basileus Naviniwat. Although it is possible that he is the victim of an elaborate frame, his choice of words "mysteriously malfunctioned" was a poor one.

"How could one who urged you to use such a powerful system as Colony I give such a vague description of the event in question? And moreover, I have received many reports of immense jealousy from Basileous towards Colony I.

"I'm sorry to say that the doubt in my mind is small, and hence I have here a request for you to issue a death warrant for the criminal."

Needless to say, there was a stunned silence for a long time, before Min Grah took his leave, and left without saying another word.
                              Play hangman.

Comment

Working...
                              X