No announcement yet.

Your 2006 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put me down as another person that likes Paradox games in principle but can't get past the yawnfactor.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Put me down as another person that likes Paradox games in principle but can't get past the yawnfactor.
      You can write my name on that list too
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I haven't actually played their games. Do they have any demos? I've been meaning to try them.

Comment

Do you have trouble sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            I haven't actually played their games. Do they have any demos? I've been meaning to try them.
            They did make a demo of HoI2 IIRC, but not for the other games.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Do you have trouble sleeping?
              actually i do. I could use a good game to put me asleep. I used to use classical music to put me to sleep, but then I started liking it.

Comment

Well maybe you'll end up liking the game.

Comment

A den of heretics in our midst!
                  Actually EU2 is the only one I like.

I'm mildly hyped about Oblivion - too bad I don't have anything capable of playing it. I enjoyed Morrowind, despite its 'quirks'.

I wish these sandbox RPGs would give you more flexibility wrt the starting location, though. I know the story, I just want to find out if this character design is any good...

Comment

Want to know if you can play Oblivion on your crappy computer?

Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.
                    be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      Want to know if you can play Oblivion on your crappy computer?

http://www.srtest.com
                      Yay! My system kicks ass!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My system would also kick ass if I had a slightly better GFX card.

At the moment I have a GF 6600 GT, today I am going down to find out how much a GF 7900 GTX costs. (and if my mobo can take it)
                        be free

Comment

I couldn't do it for long, but a while ago I forced myself to get past the yawn factor in Paradox games. I have to say, that it was really worth the effort. The yawn factor has now shifted toward Civ4.

Comment

Spore is said to be released in Fall '06. I don't think my computer wil be up to snuff by then.
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                              I couldn't do it for long, but a while ago I forced myself to get past the yawn factor in Paradox games. I have to say, that it was really worth the effort. The yawn factor has now shifted toward Civ4.

Comment

It's true as he says, after getting into Paradox's games, Civ isn't what it was.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X