X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ4 - maybe
    BF2: Eurocorps - bought today
    Caesar IV - probably
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Civ4 - Just bought a few weeks ago.
      Space Empires 5 - Due out June 2006
      (maybe) NWN2
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Is there a Caesar IV?
        Best regards,

Comment

Hmm, that Oblivion looks like teh incredible awesomeness... I have totally missed it so far. A brief lookup made me even preorder it.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
            Is there a Caesar IV?
            Best regards,
            Yup, it'll be made by the old team that made the previous games, only under a new company name.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oblivion is my must have.

Likely purchases are Spore, GW Factions and Fight Night Round 3 for the 360. Of course, I still gotta get a 360!

Comment

Actually, Oblivion looks so good that, having it and Civ4, nothing else is really needed for the whole year.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank you for the information.
                  Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    Oblivion is my only must get at the moment.
                    ditto
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      I've got to say I like the Paradox focus on gameplay and the complexity of the games, and the general idea... I guess. But I just can't seem to have fun while playing them.
                      EXACTLY! That's the same issue I have with them. Great concept, but just not fun. More like work than play.

Oh, as for the Civ4 expansion, if it has enough new content, it'll also be a must buy, but I have no idea what'll be included.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I can't say I understand you. EU2 for example is just plain fun, the greatest game ever. Much better than even Civ, and Civ is great. Actually, Civ haven't been what it was after I got Paradox's games, still great, but not reigning alone anymore. And I play much more of the Paradox games than I do of Civ. If you think of Paradox games as only Victoria and to a degree HoI1/2, I can understand the "work" thing you're talking of to a degree, but not with the others.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          EXACTLY! That's the same issue I have with them. Great concept, but just not fun. More like work than play.
                          I *think* it may be possible to overcome by playing more, and waiting until it starts to click, but I'm not sure.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Got:

Galactic Civilizations 2

Getting:

Neverwinter Nights 2
                            Medieval Total War 2
                            Civ 4 xp (has this been confirmed?)

Might Get:

Heats of Iron: Doomsday
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Guildwars expansion next month, then Neverwinter Nights 2, oh and GalCiv2 looks nice but I don't know if I have time to really dedicate myself to 3 games this year.
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                                I *think* it may be possible to overcome by playing more, and waiting until it starts to click, but I'm not sure.
                                I tried playing and playing to see if I could get into a groove. Nope, never really clicked. Though I do think its a great concept, just wasn't any fun for me. My England empire was doing pretty well in my first game, but then I got a corrupted save game.. and I think that game was the one I had the most fun with. The rest were meh.

Oh, as for the best game ever, Civ4 is up there, but I do have to say that Grand Theft Auto 3 series (including GTA3, GTA:VC, and GTA:SA) are right up there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X