No announcement yet.

Is World of Warcraft dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood the logic behind "more alliances players are idiots" or "all the horde players are kids". Isn't faction selection practically arbitrary? Or did all the adult gamers play Horde in the beta and all the new adult players have flocked to Horde after them, across all realms? I just don't get it. The only reason I chose one faction and not the other was what side my friends were playing on said realm. They, in turn, could have played either Alliance or Horde, since their first characters were warriors, mages and rogues.

Oh well, I guess I'm just taking it too seriously, and it's like the purple/green thing in Babylon 5, only playful.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

The following may not be the case with all players.

Many people given the choice between playing a pretty night elf or a not-so-pretty orc will generally choose the prettier option. In fact, the term used by alliance for the horde is "The uglies".

Also, from personal experience, I've found the "per capita idiot rate" was much higher in alliance than horde. I've also found that alliance players are much more likely to arrogant, obnoxious and abusive.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I've heard that horde players are more likely to be aloof and intolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
          The following may not be the case with all players.

Many people given the choice between playing a pretty night elf or a not-so-pretty orc will generally choose the prettier option. In fact, the term used by alliance for the horde is "The uglies".
          My first character is a paladin yes, but I recently created a Horde Orc Warrior and purposely made him look as ugly as possible with the options given.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

WoW has a lot of people. I'm not surprised at all that people are aloof, intolerant, abusive, arrogant and obnoxious. If more people tend to choose Alliance, then I'm not surprised that the experience on Alliance is like that. It's probably more so on a PvP server.

I've never heard of "uglies" before, btw. Not that I've played that long myself. The point about people preferring to play "pretty" characters sounds logical, though.

I'm not convinced that the gaming experience would be radically different on either side, although this is probably somewhat realm-dependent.

I don't want to go to categorising people based on what is, still, a pretty arbitrary choice, but my own impression so far is that when I meet a random person on the Internet, who plays Horde, and I tell them that I play Alliance, their reaction is almost incomprehensible, it's like I'm a leper, and they try to 'cure' me by telling me to reroll Horde. (Sample size 3 people)
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              I've heard that horde players are more likely to be aloof and intolerant.
              Only towards idiots, though .

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X