This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter 9 – Tyranny ends

It was business as usual in the Smurf village. In the morning the remaining Smurfs gathered in the main square to vote on who they thought the killer was.

“Nosey, you are the official investigator”, Brainy Smurf said. “What are your findings? Do you have anything to say before we proceed to voting?”
    “I have been investigating the crimes and have two suspects, but I can’t say anything about it yet as I have no evidence and have still not been able to explain Harmony Smurf’s death”, Nosey replied.
    “So, you are not much of a help, are you then”, Brainy said and continued: “We have no choice but to proceed to voting and hope we get the killer this time.”

And so the Smurfs voted. Whether it was because they thought he really did it, or because of his despotic rule they were unwilling to suffer any longer, yet most of the remaining Smurfs voted for Brainy Smurf.

“But, but … you cannot vote for me! I don’t permit you”, Brainy Smurf despaired.
    “Come now Papa Smurf”, Handy said, “Such is the law.”
    “Drink this up now, Papa Smurf”, Slouchy said handing him the vial with poison.

Brainy Smurf resisted, so Handy and Slouchy had to restrain him and Farmer Smurf shoved the vial into Brainy’s mouth and poured its contents down Brainy’s throat. Brainy Smurf died moments later.

As the Smurfs started to disperse, Poet Smurf approached Nosey Smurf.
    “I have a few things to tell you about Harmony Smurf’s death that might help you in your investigation.”
    “Excellent. Shall we meet this evening? Your place or my place?”
    “Better come to my place. I have a few things to do before that, so let’s make it shortly after the sundown. I also know something about Snappy’s death you might find interesting and useful.”
    “See you then. Your place, shortly after the sundown.”

Nosey came to Poet Smurf’s house at the agreed time, but the candles weren’t lit. It appeared as if nobody was home. So Nosey knocked on the door and since nobody answered, he went home.

The next morning as he woke up he learned that Poet Smurf was dead. Poisoned like many other Smurfs before him.

Code:
    mafia
    Name Title Status
    1. Lord Nuclear Papa Smurf Executed – Round 2
    2. Mrs. Tuberski Smurfette Alive
    3. Tuberski Hefty Smurf Executed – Round 3
    4. DrSpike Brainy Smurf Executed – Round 8
    5. Skanky Burns Lazy Smurf Executed – Round 6
    6. Adagio Handy Smurf Alive
    7. Sparrowhawk Clumsy Smurf Alive
    8. Adrian Hon Tailor Smurf Alive
    9. Spaced Cowboy Farmer Smurf Alive
    10. Nikolai Dreamy Smurf Executed – Round 5
    11. Reismark Harmony Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 3
    12. Illuminatus Painter Smurf Executed – Round 1
    13. Kassiopeia Vanity Smurf Head smashed with a hammer – Mafia round 2
    14. Theben Jokey Smurf Alive
    15. Hercules Poet Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 9
    16. Joncha Grouchy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 1
    17. Rah Baker Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 5
    18. Civman2000 Nosey Smurf Alive
    19. Rubychaser Snappy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 8
    20. Paddy the Scot Slouchy Smurf Alive
    21. Jaguar Baby Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 6
    22. EPW Grandpa Smurf Executed – Round 7
    23. Jonny Scaredy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 4
    24. Jon Miller Greedy Smurf Poisoned – Mafia round 7
    25. Duke o’ York Gargamel Executed – Round 4
    24. Snoopy369 Azrael Alive

Comment

• DrSpike was executed by the villagers in round 8.

Hercules was killed by the mafia in round 9.

Voting until Monday late evening.

Comment

• Well, if I'm the official investigator, I oughta act like it! Let's go through all the past poisonings:

Round 1 (Grouchy Smurf):
        Farmer Smurf did not go to Smurfette's party (everyone else still alive did go to the party (except Azrael, who was too far away to be involved)).
        No one who was at the party could tell that Grouchy was dead.
        Death is connected with sleep.

Round 3 (Harmony Smurf):
        Belladonna berries are missing.
        Death is connected with sleep.

Round 4 (Scaredy Smurf):
        Death is connected with sleep (?).

Round 5 (Baker Smurf):
        Death is connected with sleep OR death is connected with "flour" (ie Farmer Smurf).

Round 6 (Baby Smurf):
        Smurfette knows about Belladonna berries.
        Farmer Smurf is involved in the feeding of Baby Smurf (bringing him milk).
        Smurfette, Azrael, and Handy Smurf are in the forest when the poisoning happens (and remember the death has always been very quick).

Round 7 (Greedy Smurf):
        Handy Smurf and Slouchy Smurf become guardsmen.
        Clumsy Smurf "can't find" the poison.
        The poisoned cake is made of Belladonna berries.

Round 8 (Snappy Smurf):
        "Who can easily gain access to Papa Smurf's lab?"
        Smurfette, Clumsy Smurf, and Azrael are at the rebel meeting.
        Death by cake again.

Round 9 (Poet Smurf):
        Handy Smurf and Slouchy Smurf restrain Brainy Smurf while Farmer Smurf "shoves" the poison into him.
        Attention called to Snappy Smurf and Harmony Smurf's deaths.
        Poet Smurf dead after accusing Farmer Smurf.

The suspects:
        Smurfette
        Handy Smurf
        Clumsy Smurf
        Tailor Smurf
        Farmer Smurf
        Jokey Smurf
        (Nosey Smurf)
        Slouchy Smurf
        Azrael

Eliminated: Nosey Smurf (me! And I was too far away round 6)
        Azrael (was too far away round 1)
        Jokey Smurf (hardly ever mentioned in the story)
        Tailor Smurf (hardly ever mentioned in the story)
        Smurfette (too far away round 6)
        Handy Smurf (too far away round 6)

Remaining suspects:
        Farmer Smurf
        Slouchy Smurf
        Clumsy Smurf

Comment

• /me rolls a smoke, and slouches against a tree wondering why nosey thinks he should be pointing his short stubby fingers at poor old farmer

tut tut

nosey
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• It's the Farmer who did it...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
              * Paddy the Scot rolls a smoke, and slouches against a tree wondering why nosey thinks he should be pointing his short stubby fingers at poor old farmer

tut tut

nosey
              Because, if you read my analysis, you see that we have strong evidence that eliminates everyone but Farmer, Slouchy, and Clumsy, and there is far more evidence that Farmer is the mafia than either of the other two. In particular, I noticed that there is an emphasis on baked good/cakes/flour throughout. At the beginning of the game I thought this implicated Baker Smurf, but if not him, it's probably Farmer Smurf. In addition, the fact that Farmer Smurf was not at the party in Round 1 seemed very suspicious--the other Smurfs that were absent, Papa, Grandpa, and Baby, all had special roles that might explain why they wouldn't be there (Papa is the leader of everyone, Grandpa is too old, Baby is too young), but there is no explanation for Farmer. And everyone who was at the party seemed to truly believe that Grouchy was asleep, not dead.

Comment

• Farmer, based on the evidence provided here ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• That's what happens when you try to pry, you die, oh my.

I think its is either Farmer Smurf or Slouchy Smurf.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I lasted better than normal this game but obviously somebody got scared and reckoned to frame Farmer or Farmer doing a double bluff.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I am much persuaded by the argument that it was the Farmer
                      mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

• I'm not sure about your logic, but eliminating me won't get you the mafia.

nosey for the save...but it smells like spikey to me.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• you might want to read the story Spaced, Spike is dead and while Civman doesn't offer much in the way of proof, he does offer one plausible alternative.

What he seems to neglect is that in he only looks at the case as if there is one killer, and discounts both himself and azreal as being away in the early kills, but those could have involved the first mafia.

I don't know who to vote for, only 9 of us left and I only know who didn't do it.

Hey, who put that tree stump there? Might want to move it before someone else trips over it.

/me aka Clumsy Smurf
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Show how much I'm paying attention.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Ill go with farmer
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I have no idea, and it doesn't seem as though my vote will matter, but I will vote for nosey for the sake of voting

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X