Supreme Ruler 2010 thread... where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ljube
    Five months since my last post and the world hasn't fallen apart.
    Maybe it hasn't entirely fallen apart, but it sure ain't looking very healthy either

Comment

It sure looks much healthier than 6 months ago.

But looks can be deceiving. Four and a half more years till it breaks down I guess.

Comment

There have been some developments in the world of Supreme Ruler 2010 since I've last posted in these parts...

Most significantly, we've made SR2010 easier to purchase... BattleGoat Studios has re-aquired all the rights from our former publisher, Strategy First, and now we've been able to make it available for Digital Download as well as traditional mail order purchase worldwide...

We now offer Supreme Ruler 2010 by:

- Direct Digital Download Sales, with a $10 special discount;
        - Through 'boxed product' orders with free world-wide air shipping;
        - Through Stardock's TotalGaming.net Download Service.

Links and details can be obtained through our order link:

supremeruler2010.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, supremeruler2010.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

We're also very pleased to announce a special bonus for Apolyton members - two free months of ApolytonPlus membership with every order placed with us.

Don't forget, there's a summary of our reviews (some of which are very detailed and in-depth) at:

supremeruler2010.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, supremeruler2010.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

We're also continuing to work on adding new content to SR2010, and our next free update is due around the end of May. Planned additions include a new Scenario and a couple of new Missions, as well as more units in the equipment list and various other stuff.

And, as always, we always love to hear feedback, suggestions, and general banter on what we're doing, so feel free to post here, or on our own forum ( www.bgforums.com ), or contact me directly.

Thanks!

-- George Geczy, Lead Programmer, BattleGoat Studios

Comment

Originally posted by George Geczy

We now offer Supreme Ruler 2010 by:

- Direct Digital Download Sales, with a $10 special discount;
          - Through 'boxed product' orders with free world-wide air shipping;
          - Through Stardock's TotalGaming.net Download Service.

Hah! Figures you teamed up with Stardock! I was thinking that your company's ethic and philosophy bore remarkable resemblance to that of Stardock, one of my all time favourite gaming companies, and it only makes sense that they offer your game on totalgaming.net.

I didn't hear about SR2010 until today, and since my Radeon 9800Pro crapped out on me I won't be playing many graphics intensive games (not with a GeForce DDR anyway). This one looks right up my alley. I'm going to give the demo a try.

Comment

Hah! Figures you teamed up with Stardock! I was thinking that your company's ethic and philosophy bore remarkable resemblance to that of Stardock, one of my all time favourite gaming companies, and it only makes sense that they offer your game on totalgaming.net.
            Thanks, Stardock is certainly a class act, and the past couple of years we seem to have shared a lot of common elements - including the fact that we were both formerly published by Strategy First, and we both no longer are

More significantly, there are a few elements that we feel strongly about:
            - Keeping the dev team involved with the community, such as on forums;
            - Providing ongoing free updates and new content;
            - Treating customers with respect and staying away from copy protection and DRM that treats paying customers as potential thieves.

Stardock mirrors us on all of these (or we mirror Stardock? depends which side of the mirror you're on ). (And to those of you who haven't bought GalCiv II yet, do yourselves a favour and pick it up today. )

I recall a shortly after Supreme Ruler 2010 was released that I was on a 'big name' gaming site forum, posting some reponses to people who had questions about our game, and a user made a comment like "boy, these devs must be desperate for attention if they post on forums themselves!" I just sat back and shook my head, amazed that the mega-publishers have conditioned game players to expect developers to ignore them and treat them like dirt. Instead, devs should know that we exist because of our customers and fans, and we should be front and center on gaming forums, and we should be listening to feedback and ideas from the people that play our games.

-- George.

Lead Programmer, BattleGoat Studios

Comment

Tried the demo and liked it so I downloaded the full version. The economic model sure is tough; I find it hard to keep from going bankrupt no matter what scenario I start with. From what I can see on the BG forums I'll just have to experiment a whole lot. I'm looking forward to update 5 and hoping maybe there's a bit of a break as far as the economy goes *crosses fingers*.

I'm pleased to see that you're still actively developing the game. Good job and keep up the great work!

Comment

I think that most of the features in the game are very deep. In a way this is good as most games are mastered in a short time and are no longer worth playing. There are many helps like AI minsters which can be ajusted in how they do things.
                Figuring out the best way to use the milatary is something that takes time. Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by George Geczy I recall a shortly after Supreme Ruler 2010 was released that I was on a 'big name' gaming site forum, posting some reponses to people who had questions about our game, and a user made a comment like "boy, these devs must be desperate for attention if they post on forums themselves!" I just sat back and shook my head, amazed that the mega-publishers have conditioned game players to expect developers to ignore them and treat them like dirt. Instead, devs should know that we exist because of our customers and fans, and we should be front and center on gaming forums, and we should be listening to feedback and ideas from the people that play our games.

-- George.

Lead Programmer, BattleGoat Studios
                  That was on the Gamespot forums, I remember reading it and going slack jawed. I've never been in teh position of developing a game, but I would imagine I'd be all over the reviews and talking to teh players. Maybe most just do it anonymously.

Nice game! Hugely intimidating though!
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Nice game! Hugely intimidating though!
                    We'll be trying to reduce the 'intimidation' factor in future projects Though the original design was meant to allow people to delegate tasks and avoid doing everything (ie, leave stuff to ministers, etc), but even with that some of our large maps can be a bit overwhelming. The world is a big place, after all!

By the way, I haven't had a chance to visit Apolyton much in the past few months, but there's been some developments on the Supreme Ruler 2010 front since I posted here last:

- We've released some new free updates, including new missions and scenarios, and gameplay improvements. If you own SR2010, make sure you use 'Check for Updates to make sure you're running the latest update.

- If you don't yet own SR2010, now's the time! We've reduced the price to $19.99, and it's available from Digital Download sales sites all over - check out www.supremeruler2010.com , www.totalgaming.net , www.gamersgate.net , among others!

- Supreme Ruler 2010 is up for more awards - this time, we've been nominated for Canadian Electronic and Animated Arts awards in two categories - Best PC Game and Best Game Innovation. Awards to be handed out September 14th in Vancouver, hosted by William Shatner

Also, look for a major announcement coming soon to provide details on our next project.

-- George.

- Lead Programmer, BattleGoat Studios

Comment

Working...
                    X