No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly pure Mesmers are cooler, clearly they are.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Definitely! I wish I could have 6 slots so I can have a character of each class.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Me too. Four is ridiculously not enough

Edit: Piippolan Vaari is W/Mo, btw. I need to figure out a good secondary for Artesia, something to complement hydromancing... Mesmer perhaps?
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Monk is a good secondary for all Eles. You can always switch to be a power-healer in an emergency then.
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

As an aside to Kassi/etc., I think there was talk that with larger expansions came more characters to play (both in 'more classes' and 'more players per account'). But that was from the beta ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
              Me too. Four is ridiculously not enough

Edit: Piippolan Vaari is W/Mo, btw. I need to figure out a good secondary for Artesia, something to complement hydromancing... Mesmer perhaps?
              Hydromancy ... hrm. Mesmer can complement anything, i guess, but I'd almost say it's more appropriate for air. Necromancy might do better, really, for hydromancers.

Hydromancy is fairly similar to a lot of mesmer skills, IMO, and that's why i'd not double up on it. Aeromancy goes well with it- but Hydromancy duplicates more than it complements. Mesmer just doesn't have enough actual damage ability ... Necro on the other hand has Blood or Death magic that nicely complement water magic, IMO, and particularly Blood magic are fairly high in demand (well of power/blood etc.)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh, right, hydro was the shutdown/slowdown/cause general uncomfortability tier, while aero was, eh, spike damage?
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I plan to make a hydromancer/necro

Had a lousy evening today - I wanted to finish up a quest so I looked for a PUG. Eventually I wound up going through three different groups before I gave up in disgust and rounded up henchies.

I thought that more farther you go into the game, more mature players would be but it seems for me it's the opposite. I guess the point where I am at right now (Druid's Overlook or whatever) is where the game starts to get difficult for most players who have gotten used to easier areas so they just want to run through or whatever. OTOH I prefer to kill everything that wander across my path. Most players whine it's too hard or whatever but to me I don't think it's that hard. Just the matter of working together. In rare cases when people actually listen to me, we do pretty well so I do know it's doable.
                  Last edited by Barinthus; August 22, 2005, 03:39.
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yesterday I spent the whole day trying to get good groups to go to the three mission locations for ascension. I tried it as usual in the English districts, but my luck was horrible. I got into a dozen groups trying, but hardly one of them lasted longer than 15-20 minutes. Either idiots who loudly shouted "GRP LOOKING FOR LVL 19+! NO NOOBS PLZ!" and then charge into the very first battle like a moron, dragging ten Hydras at the group at once. Or drama queens, who quit after their first or second death, screwing the whole group in the thick of battle. Or self proclaimed great leaders, who try to find Elona's near the Oasis and reply "shut up noob", when I dare to question their wisdom by asking "umm, isn't that the wrong direction?" Or people, who want to "run" everything. I mean, why bothering to play a game if I don't play it myself?!? I tried to advertize myself "E/Me20 LFG for the three mission sites. No running please." and all response I got was "LOL ROFL GOOD LUCK NOOB".

I wasted over six hours of my best Sunday primetime with these morons and after this I was fed up beyond belief. I switched district to German-1 and changed the language setup of my game. Great, that you can do that "on the fly", even while grouped! I found a group to Thirsty River within five minutes. Boy, that was the absolutely best group I was ever in. We reached the Thirsty River in about an hour of fighting. Not running even a single meter. We killed quickly and professional. No adds of mobs, everyone knew his job. No noobophobes. No runners. As for drama queens, I couldn't check this, because nobody died. Not a single death in the whole group over the whole way! And doing this, we even had the time to joke around, for instance about the pope, who had just left Germany, and have fun. Not a guild group btw, a normal pick up group. And of course we did mission and bonus in our first try.

After this I had new hope and kept trying. I switched between English and German. I found groups fighting to the two other sites withing 3 or 4 hours, both of them in the German districts. We did one more mission, albeit this time without bonus. Now only the mission in Elona's is left. I hope to do it today. And I will visit my native districts more frequently now.

As for my next character, I fooled around with quite some classes, but I think it will be a Mesmer. May be a Me/N, or a Me/Mo. Mesmers are cool. And mesmers are, at least from what I can see with my not even 2 weeks of game experiences, hard to play well, but can be very powerful. I like challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Yes, it's not a long game to 20, though you've obviously played it quite a lot to do it in 8 days. There's another week or so doing the rest though, as some interesting missions await you.
                      I am not a casual player by any means. And I play only one game at a time, that's why I waited with Guild Wars so long, because I still had things I wanted to do in EQ2. But now the EQ2 world seems to slow down a bit in anticipation of Desert of Flames (first XP, Sept 12) and the coming revamp of the combat system (all skills, spells and combat arts being revisted, along with all mobs too), so I do something different for the time being. I will try out DoF and decide after this, which game I will play until the Civ4 release. Even a return to WoW is possible, albeit less likely.

Comment

Ralph send me a whisper if you need a monk or ele in the desert. I use the German and French districts too sometimes to get a PUG.

As for my next character, I fooled around with quite some classes, but I think it will be a Mesmer. May be a Me/N, or a Me/Mo. Mesmers are cool. And mesmers are, at least from what I can see with my not even 2 weeks of game experiences, hard to play well, but can be very powerful. I like challenges.

Mesmers are awesome. Not only do they have the highest damage-per-second of any class, but they are also capable of shutting an enemy down, making an enemy kill himself (lol LOL) and you can totally change the playstyle of your mesmer at any time. Oh and they never run out of mana. Bloody hell you have to be awake when you play mesmer though.

Comment

Yup, they're great. I play an E/Me now. I currently have only Inspiration developed, for energy management (and because the nice focus I found requires Inspiration 8), but I remember with pleasure the days I had Domination higher. I did not have many Mesmer skills in my bar, just Backfire and Empathy, but both of them can make quite a difference in a battle.

Comment

I LMAO every time my mesmer blew some monk up with backfire when they were healing themselves. Sometimes they seem confused the first heal cost them 100 odd life....and cast heal again

I have never had so much success at low level pvp as with my Mesmer. I basically went post searing at nearly level 4, and played in the ascalon pvp arena until lvl 11. I only did the skill missions. I put all my points into dom magic, bought a dom mask, and a sup dom rune for 300g. No wonder we wiped the floor whenever I ended up in a balanced party. I also took Power leak (later Power something or other -health), energy burn and chaos storm. Massive amounts of damage, and all dom magic
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

If you need a monk, and I'm online, WHISPER! I'll be happy to help people ascend their characters, I'm starting to know the missions there rather well.

Originally posted by Snotty
                              I LMAO every time my mesmer blew some monk up with backfire when they were healing themselves. Sometimes they seem confused the first heal cost them 100 odd life....and cast heal again
                              SO TRUE! I am amazed how little people throw Backfire at me, I suck at noticing I am Backfired. (If I am Backfired, Hex Breaker is my most bestest favourite spell right now.)
                              Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 22, 2005, 08:22.

Comment

I smell a 'poly party coming up.

Ralph, the trouble with being an E/Me is that so many mesmer hexes take 2 or 3 seconds to cast and only last 10 seconds or so. I found it so frustrating that my party were killing people before I could finish casting a spell. My E/Me concentrates on blowing stuff up now. Its nice to have all the extra energy though

Comment

Working...
                                X