No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey I'm on that mission myself and my moronic group messed up on the bonus and winded up bickering at each other We only got one Chosen survivor at the end

It was the worst group ever.
    Last edited by Barinthus; August 20, 2005, 06:11.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

That mission has bad memories for me. When I did it on my first character my gf was controlling and we somehow managed to get stuck in a fence about 2/3 of the way through. The new 'leader' had no clue and it took them forever to finish.

What is worse they brought the chosen back, and they decided to come and stand next to me. Next to the fence was a lot of poison water, and one died.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        European server, I think. I connected again and played for nearly an hour this time, but was again disconnected. It may be my ISP though, as otherwise it was running very smoothly.
        I had no connection probs, same server as Skinky. Maybe we can use an international server that might be better located for Australia?
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

At the same point I got disconnected from GW, I was also disconnected from MSN. I don't think another server would have helped if it was my ISP not accepting any connections. Silly ISP.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Finally finished that Chosen bonus today, whew!
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Got to Sanctum Cay yesterday, not through the shortcut, but the plot took me there. And I am level 20 now, 8 days after creating the character. I have quite some boni missed in the last days, but that's ok, I can return anytime and try them again.

Still didn't complete the Chosen, though.

Comment

Yes, it's not a long game to 20, though you've obviously played it quite a lot to do it in 8 days. There's another week or so doing the rest though, as some interesting missions await you.

There's also Fissure/UW and PvP. In relation to the latter you don't really begin to understand how all the skills fit together until you've played through PvE several times. The short nature of the game facilitates this.

I am also on a quest to unlock everything - a handful of upgrades, runes and 2 elites to go.

Comment

Rebecca Nightflame N/E Europe
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hammu Numbermancer is now a level 7 N/R, past searing.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

List updated

Kassi - N/R? How are you liking it? I realize you haven't progressed that far into the game...

I wonder if R's Beastmastery applies to bone minions. Are you planning on having your N running around with a bow or ?
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Beastmastery has no effect on bone horrors. I don't plan to run around with a bow, I'm going to focus on necro skills, though when I go around solo I'll grab a bow and respec some points to marksmanship. Most bow skills are crap without expertise, however. Ranger is the only class I hadn't planned for any of my chars yet, and I want to unlock as many skills as I can, hence N/R.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sucide pet, right? Stick Death Nova on it then as soon as it dies start spamming Putrid Explosion When your pet gets above level 5 or so, sell it and get a new one.
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                            Beastmastery has no effect on bone horrors. I don't plan to run around with a bow, I'm going to focus on necro skills, though when I go around solo I'll grab a bow and respec some points to marksmanship. Most bow skills are crap without expertise, however. Ranger is the only class I hadn't planned for any of my chars yet, and I want to unlock as many skills as I can, hence N/R.
                            I went N/R for getting skills too, but straight necro is just better no matter what you want your character to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                              Sucide pet, right? Stick Death Nova on it then as soon as it dies start spamming Putrid Explosion When your pet gets above level 5 or so, sell it and get a new one.

Too bad I'm rather fond of Kaustinen*.

* it's the Finnish name for Woodstock, of Peanuts fame. Kaustinen is a place in Finland where every year there is a traditional music festival. Greatest translation ever

Comment

Jamski, what? I didn't know I could sell pets. I thought tamer would take just them away.

*hollars* "Crom! Come here, good cat, I wanna introduce you to this nice fellow named Jamil..."

I plan to experiment with playing a Beastmaster later on after I get bored with my current Ranger build and see if I can shut up those hecklers.

I agree with DrSpike here about necromancers - pure necros are so cool.
                                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                                X