No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I use Censor's Vestments or Rogue's Attire. I'm not leet enough to go for the low max energy, but I do realise it's a good thing to have protection. But when you start to think about it, 30% less damage on you (you're the monk, you're getting piled on anyway) means less damage to heal, and it means you are harder to kill, meaning aggro remains on you, meaning all their damage keeps getting sucked up by your armour...
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

The energy armours are almost always the worst. With even halfway decent energy management there is no need to ever run out of energy. I have a mo/ne build for PvP who can cast both continously (no break between spells) and infinitely (no end to the number of spells), and who wears the censor's armour, and uses a Defensive Holy Staff of Defence (very valuable to take ~32.5% less damage (+20 AR) from physical with all the IWAY crap going down recently)

I could do the same with a mo/me.

Maximum energy is really really quite pointless. Well, it has some uses, but the benefits that can be gained from NOT focusing on max energy are so valuable...

Censor's Vestments with tattooed hands and feet seem quite popular too.
      I'd take higher energy over other stuff most of the time for PvE (which is what they were talking about).....though it does depend on class and build. For a necro gaining energy isn't a problem and its always at max in a big fight, so higher max is better for when the deaths start to dry up. You don't need higher armour. For an ele there is no distinction energy wise anyway. For the warrior you lose very little to gain 7 energy taking glads, which is a lot on a base of 20.

So your view is a bit limited, sorry.

Comment

• Well, warriors are the only ones to gain from the +energy armour, and that is solely because they have the small pool and crap regen in the first place. Rangers don't really gain from Druid's Armour, as the alternatives offer exceptional protection against elemental damages.

But hey, both warriors and rangers have excellent energy management skills. Adrenaline/Expertise really have a huge effect, and then stuff like Marksman's Wager or Victory is Mine! or Flourish allow a physical class to easily fill their energy pool at will.

So...

So +energy armour is still worthless.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I just had an idea. Why not make a PvP team with only primary monks, with identical looks? Two smiting monks could kylle the enemies quite effectively, while the others could be healing or divine favouring.

The enemies won't know which monk to attack
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Mmm why not all E/Mo? I will never forget this series of PvP matches I had with two E/Mos that went protection/smiting. Their builds were set up in such way that they could take all damages and remained at near or full health. With them, we pwned everybody else.

So all E/Mos - some pure healers, pure smiters, and protecters.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Jam - I realize you're basically playing 100% PvP and F/UW ... but at earlier levels, ESPECIALLY earlier PC levels (<20), extra energy is a must for PvE. Also for players who don't have your 1337 skills ...

A combo, however, isn't a bad idea, as it gets some advantages of both.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• This thread clearly lacks a group icon of its own.

There are demogames with less participants, but they have one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

So +energy armour is still worthless.
                  No it isn't, not in the examples I gave. And how many times have you won HoH?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                    I just had an idea. Why not make a PvP team with only primary monks, with identical looks? Two smiting monks could kylle the enemies quite effectively, while the others could be healing or divine favouring.

The enemies won't know which monk to attack
                    Basically you'd be annoying but you wouldn't win ever against a good team. Smiters can be shut down with one enchant remove, and it's easy over the course of a fight to identify who on the other team is doing what - when you see a skill used you just tell your team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
                      Mmm why not all E/Mo? I will never forget this series of PvP matches I had with two E/Mos that went protection/smiting. Their builds were set up in such way that they could take all damages and remained at near or full health. With them, we pwned everybody else.

So all E/Mos - some pure healers, pure smiters, and protecters.
                      Again, enchant removes ftw.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

No it isn't, not in the examples I gave. And how many times have you won HoH?
                        The examples you gave were worthless.
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• The latest upgrade added one feature I really liked as I'm sure any rangers and mesmers will.... a bar that shows a spell being casted. It's nifty
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• It's VERY nifty. I love it. Very much. Although it does take away from it just a bit, because now you don't go "ooh, that's Troll Unguent, easy to interrupt", you start staring at the bars...
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• indeed!
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Since I've not seen this mentioned here, I wanted to make sure you guys are aware of an article about the 2nd chapter...

ArenaNet's Gaile Gray fills us in on what to expect in the upcoming second chapter update for Guild Wars.
                                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                                X