No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be absolutely wonderful for GW2, although so unlikely it will never happen, is if they release it as an expansion to the first game, so that the new worlds can be visited directly from the old, and vice versa. It would be good for sales, because the people who have come to the game late would be intrigued by the players who had travelled from the first game's world, and their tall tales, and go out to buy the first one too. If they're going to have servers to host the new world, then they could keep the old ones going and support both at once.

Comment

• DoY, I'm fairly sure that's the point of the new expansion ... it will certainly be an expansion to the current game, not an entirely new game...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Well I read the article, and couldn't tell.

Comment

• huh?

I read the article and it is obviously an expansion

they were talking about new regions

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I like the new addition very much (the spell bar). And since I'm a noob with only 30 hours of experience, it helps me identify which spells take long to cast, and which ones don't.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
              Well I read the article, and couldn't tell.
              It's more that the way they proposed GW originally was as a game that would have paid expansions every 3-6 months, that were compatible with each other - ie you could buy the ones you liked only - and everyone would be together on the same world, just you couldn't access areas you hadn't bought.

Comment

• Runes

I have bought runes at the rune dealer. I am under the impression that the runes boosting the same attribute (say, divine favour) do not stack. If I want to further increase my attribute, I have to buy the expansive runes that also reduce my HP. Am I correct?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Yes, runes do not stack. If you want +3, you'll need a superior rune, which reduces more HP.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Yeah hence the reason I'm considering staying with minors and perhaps majors if I can throw in a vigor rune once I get the best armor set.

I'm wondering once I've installed a rune and I decide I'd like to change, I could just place the rune over the old one?
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• You can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                        Yes, runes do not stack. If you want +3, you'll need a superior rune, which reduces more HP.
                        And I believe that it's like this...

minor - drops 0 hp

major - drops 50 hp

superior - drops 75 hp
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                          You can.
                          Really? And does the armor remain infused? If so, I am seriously considering to slap superior elemental runes (fire, water, earth, air) over the existing major runes. So far I was reluctant to do so, because I was afraid, I have to do 4 infusion runs for 4 different "eyes" again.

Btw, Europe is doing astoundingly well in the HoH lately; did they change the system or did Spike the Traitor get worse? I've been having a blast in UW yesterday with two quite competent groups, we did a lot of quests and I won an Ecto too. I was there quite long, must have been about 6 hours in three runs.

Comment

• Yeah, Europe has had favour a lot for the past month or so. No idea what happened - the good players got back to their gaming computers at uni/school/whatever and started playing? The best players got back to work, where they procrastinate and play GW with the office computer?!

And yes, you can slap the superior runes to overwrite the major ones, but note that the major runes will then be lost forever. (Not like major runes cost a lot these days anyway. Except maybe Vigor and Absorption.) And I hope you are placing one of those sup runes on ONE set of armour - losing 300 HP to runes (225 if you use sup vigor, not that likely if it's a PvE) is not a good idea.

And switching runes has no effect whatsover on Infused status. It was already pretty broken before (like you had to do one run for each component or something), but they fixed it.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• BTW, I was amazed by how cheaply I got the major rune for Divine Favor. Are there really no divine monks out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                                And yes, you can slap the superior runes to overwrite the major ones, but note that the major runes will then be lost forever. (Not like major runes cost a lot these days anyway. Except maybe Vigor and Absorption.) And I hope you are placing one of those sup runes on ONE set of armour - losing 300 HP to runes (225 if you use sup vigor, not that likely if it's a PvE) is not a good idea.
                                What, are you telling me, that the health penalty is stacking? And that it is not normal for a level 20 ele to have 100 hp?

Seriously, I said I have the major (to be superior) runes on my eyes (ele head gear) for a reason. I can't wear two eyes at the same time, and I have four different of them. I have minor elemental runes on my gloves and shoes, I have two of each. I know it doesn't stack, but this way I can combine elements - ATM I am at fire/earth. I have a major vigor on my blouse (I got it for two k, now the price is approaching five) and a minor energy storage on my skirt.

And switching runes has no effect whatsover on Infused status. It was already pretty broken before (like you had to do one run for each component or something), but they fixed it.
                                I know you get all armor you are wearing infused, but I had to run four times nonetheless, as I had to infuse four eyes and two pairs of each gloves and shoes. I ran with henchies, it took five tries, as I wiped once, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X