No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10k is hardly absurd. I've seen stuff sell for 200k or more just based on the cosmetic appearance of the weapon.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• A reasonable req. chaos axe or crystalline sword with 15>50 is worth millions. I have a 14>50 chaos axe worth 500K+.

Since Anet has made little in the game truly rare or hard to get it's understandable some rare items are worth a lot. I've 1.4 million and nothing to spend it on really, as I've got all perfect upgrades and weapons, and all the fissure armour I want.

Comment

• But 10k? 90K? 200k? That's just stupid. Perhaps I just am lousy at generating money - right now I have only 30k total. To start making more money I'd have to start charging people for running or some crap like that.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• That would make you popular.

Perhaps you just need to play the markets... I'm sure that's how Spike got tonnes of cash. Just get something worth selling, log on lots and watch the prices move. You'll know when you should sell it.

Comment

• Selling in GW is one of the things that's mostly turned me off of it ... having to shout prices is just annoying, and not why I play games ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Don't have the time for that - when I'm on I just want to play ha. Guess it's something I have to live with.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york

Perhaps you just need to play the markets... I'm sure that's how Spike got tonnes of cash. Just get something worth selling, log on lots and watch the prices move. You'll know when you should sell it.
                Playing and getting drops as much as selling, though I did make 2 mill in 4 days where I traded quite a lot, just after green items were added.

Comment

• I not only refuse to shout out prices and such, but I find it annoying when others do it also. At least they could do it in the trade rather than local.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Playing and getting drops as much as selling, though I did make 2 mill in 4 days where I traded quite a lot, just after green items were added.
                    Playing and getting aren't a problem. Selling is the pain in the arse.

You could help me out... I'm trying to sell on a website - that's how desperate I am

Barinthus' Shop
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• I just don't understand WHY they don't implement SOME sort of in-game auction ... I think the theory is that would help the aggro-addicted-players, and make GW into more of an item-based game where everyone gets uber items at level 7, but that's just not true - NOT having an in-game auction helps those players, as they're perfectly willing to shout-auction, and/or travel around until they see someone shout-auctioning ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus

Playing and getting aren't a problem. Selling is the pain in the arse.

You could help me out... I'm trying to sell on a website - that's how desperate I am

Barinthus' Shop
                        Well your items aren't worth much unfortunately. I don't waste time selling anything worth below 10k, which includes your items.

I just sell superior vigor/absorb, gold max dmg weapons with good inherent mods, perfect upgrades, and green items.

You have to have some perspective.......you can make 10k minimum an hour farming, slightly more running, and more again trading (ok, if you have money to start with), so wasting an hour selling a 2k item just isn't smart.

Comment

• Grrr... just remembered another reason I stopped playing. (While playing, of course. ) High level people have a singular idea of what character they want playing alongside them, and have no room for individuality - if I don't have the specific prot monk build they want, then I'm not good enough for their party - while far too many people often don't know the first thing about making a good build, explaining to some extent the high level people's attitudes ...

Case in point, a Mo/Me that played mostly as a Me, but put mending on both of us warriors in a 4 player party (level 10ish, Nolani academy), with only 43 ep to begin with. Explained that her reason for it was that "I can go afk and not even heal". After I told her that I thought that attitude was rather lazy, she told me about how her guild was full of people with fissure armor ... which was supposed to mean something to me, apparently, but I'm not quite sure what.

Sigh

Comment

• What the hell is it with people and Mending?
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Grrr... just remembered another reason I stopped playing. (While playing, of course. ) High level people have a singular idea of what character they want playing alongside them, and have no room for individuality - if I don't have the specific prot monk build they want, then I'm not good enough for their party - while far too many people often don't know the first thing about making a good build, explaining to some extent the high level people's attitudes ...
                              You probably wont like me in game then. If I take the trouble to form a PvP/FoW/UW party I require everyone to take the skills I want. There are 2 sides........if someone wont alter their build (which I always accept may work perfectly well in a random pickup group) so that the team has the right skills on the right players I don't want them in the team.

There is a huge difference between a good build and a good team build. Some people get defensive when you ask them to change skills, but they shouldn't in my opinion.

Comment

• I don't think even snoopy is masochistic enough to form PUGs for PvP/FOW/UW.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X