No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just gotten to the jungle, and the drops are not too bad, especially compared to the previous parts of the game. Now if only I could find a PUG where all 3 monks didn't drop out half-way through the mission while the warrior holding an item that "cannot be dropped" decides not to run off by himself. That would be good.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Gah! Guildwars is a mirror of human stupidity! It also makes me feel like an elitist Seriously, I think Alesia is better than 50% of the monks out there. Of course, a good human monk is worth 2 or 2 Alesias, but how many of those do you find?

Also...

I have Mending on me!

AAAAAAAAAGH!
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Mending!
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Alesia is an ok monk. As long as she lives, that is, which is not long. The duo Alesia/Mhenlo + Lina suffices for most "normal" missions bigtime.

Comment

• That and she runs out of energy almost as soon as a battle starts due to lack of control. "Wait, someone just got hit for 5 damage? Heal them!"

Comment

• Yeah. I used to play like Alesia in PVE, I was too obsessive about full bars as opposed to not-empty. PVP made me manage my energy very quickly, however...

Lina
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I had quite some situations in the later missions, when we had 6 people together and were still lacking 2 healers. It was mostly me, who recommended to take the two NPC monks. Some group members turned it down outright, assuming that we won't make it very far and calling it a waste of time. My typical response was the question, whether they find it more entertaining to waste time in a failed attempt, or standing endlessly, waiting for PC monks. In most cases we took the NPCs and made it through with no major problems.

The AI of the healers suffices for the normal missions. The AI of the warriors is horrible, however. Although if I see some rushing and charging PC warriors, my opinion about the warrior AI improves somewhat.

Comment

• You haven't seen any? Lucky you.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Did I say I haven't?

Comment

• Most PC warriors are FORCED to rush and charge because the casters and rangers have no idea how to let the warrior draw aggro. If I play W in PvE I have to constantly spam Sprint to stay the ideal distance ahead of the party (in my opinion about the radius of the radar circle is perfect - i.e. the rest of the party have the W on the edge of their aggro circle. Goddamn that bloody mesmer running right behind the warrior, the bloody mesmer who attacks with his wand while the W charges in, and makes the warrior curse as the monsters stream around him and chase the Mes all over the show.

Its a joy when the party works though. The monk only has one person to heal, the nukers have all the targets clustered around in one place, and the warrior can feel like an indestructable hero as they tank a huge mob alone!

AGH! People!
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Lina is predominantly a protector, not a second healer. Her healing is pretty poor, unlike Alesia's, which is actually pretty decent.

I've taken the Healer and Protector successfully on many missions, but there are some where they just don't cut it. Screaming HEAL TEH KING at Alesia in Thunderhead Keep doesn't seem to work that well.

Plus, if they die once, they die again. Then again. Then they are useless due to the constricted energy pool. Sometimes it does actually save time to wait for human healers, as tiresome as that is. You just need to pick the missions where you can get away with henchies.

Comment

• Out of pure interest, what's the point behind the armor being sold in Granite Citadel? It needs lots of materials and costs 15k per piece, yet has the same stats as the armor in Droknar's, which costs 10% of that price?!

Comment

• Vanity.

Comment

• Does it at least look better? Or is it just a money sink for people with too much platinum? I don't want to shell out 15k (of my 21) to find it out.

Comment

• It does look better. Way better. Some of the sets are awesome - 15k Male Dragon Armour, 15k Female Enchanter's... NICE

Comment

Working...
                                X