Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Gate 05
    The First Five Year Plan

With the discovery of large deposits of taratarite by engineers from Epwood, it was decided to rapidly industrialize the area to exploit this valuable natural resource.

Since the extraction and refining process were extremely polluting, the mines were located on the north side of the mountain, (the hazmat suits required) area, while a city of 40,000 workers was willed into existence on the pristine south side.

Workers are connected to their jobs by a highly efficient bus system. Private vehicles are banned in Iron Gate.
    Attached Files
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
      It doesn't - but the boats are able to cross them.
      So basically the entire region will have a common RCI pool?

Comment

So basically the entire region will have a common RCI pool?

Yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Within three years, the Crash Program to Build Heavy Industry was announced to be complete two years early, and taxes were raised to the maximum to fund an expansion of manufacturing in the Export Zone.

Additionally, the nonstop procession of noisy busses along the six feeder corridors led to the replacement of bus service with a passenger sewer system, eh, subway on the three most heavily used routes.

Currently members of the local politburo are planning the next five year plan, which calls for the continued expansion of manufacturing and an office expansion. The remaining three surface bus lines in residential areas will also be undergrounded.

File uploaded to Lemmy's server. http://lemmy.redial.net/simcity/xiam...on_gate_05.rar
        Attached Files
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

42,000 people in five years is just crazy.

Edit: How do you "ban" private cars, or was that just story?
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Edit: How do you "ban" private cars, or was that just story?
            Roads are cut at regular intervals with bus stops or subway stations filling the gap in residential areas. There are simply no jobs to drive to.

Comment

Bad news guys.

The hurricane off the East coast has cause my ship to get underway, and the Captain decided to use that as an excuse to stay out for 10 days and run drills.

So no SC4 for me untill I get back
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                Roads are cut at regular intervals with bus stops or subway stations filling the gap in residential areas. There are simply no jobs to drive to.
                Looks dodgy though.

Still waiting for i think:

Blake
                EPW
                Jonny
                Koy
                Snoopy
                Patroklos (away)
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                  It's not that hard really, you just gotta keep building...i would've been close too if i hadn't built those 2 bridges, they cost me half my starting cash :/

Downside is that you only get dirty industry and low-wealth pop.
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
                    It's not that hard really, you just gotta keep building...i would've been close too if i hadn't built those 2 bridges, they cost me half my starting cash :/
                    Downside is that you only get dirty industry and low-wealth pop.
                    The key is loans, loans, and more loans. Interest payments are around 4,000 a month. Raising Dirty Industrial taxes to 20% after the industrial base was built up covers about 40% of that.

Comment

When exactly does dirty (or any) industry decide to move out because of high taxes? Do they ever?
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

They don't move out unless they lose power, water, or freight connections. If land values rise they get replaced by manufacturing and high tech.

Comment

Oh. Wow. So I could raise rates as high as possible and they won't ever do anything... sweet.

I've been playing on in a copy of the region, just for fun, and I've noticed that my elevated rail bride gets relatively little traffic, about 6% of the total volume between the two islands. The rest is picked up by the ferries. Why don't sims want to take the train?

Comment

Looks like because they can take their cars onto the ferry (more importantly drive a long way to the ferry terminal), but not on the train obviously.

Comment

The train station isn't any less accessible than the ferry terminals

Comment

They prefer to drive I think. Ive also noticed if you build one route first (ferries), theyll take that route forever, even after you build another (elevated train) thats faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X