Heroes of Might and Magic 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOMM3 is better than 2
    More of everything and sleeker and faster. Also, more custom maps available.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Heroes 6 soon

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-US/home/

Although haven't really paid much attention to it. Never finished V but still play 3 occasionally.

It has been rebranded though Might & Magic Heroes 6 presumbly to fit in with the other Might & Magic games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        HOMM5 isn't very good.

HOMM2 is still the best.

Looks like you missed the sale. HOMM5 complete was like $5 total.
        What is wrong with 5? I've actually been enjoying it. I got 3 (or 2, I don't remember) and after a quick 2 minute peak it seemed that the gameplay was pretty much the same it just looked worse.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Don't think there was much wrong with it except it didn't add much - essentially HOMM 3 with 3D graphics.

I tended to play most of the game 'zoomed out' so I could see what was going on which meant all the fancy hi-res graphics and eye candy seemed a bit pointless. The maps were also much smaller although that may have been a design decision rather than an engine limit.

Comment

• Well having not really played any other games, if HOMM3 is pretty good then I'm happy to have a prettier version of it.

I don't get why people have such contempt for good looking graphics.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I have no contempt for it (I love graphics). It's more the feeling that HOMM II/III were groundbreaking, and IV/V are just rehashes so we all have more fond memories of II/III.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Which is just fine for me since I haven't played the others.

Comment

Working...
                X