Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Good work. Glad you enjoyed it.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• patch 1.3 now out.

Includes map editor but no random map generator - looks like thats for the expansion pack. Couple of maps and some play balance changes amongst other tweaks.

Comment

• I just didn't have the time to explore maps and things for H2 and H3, but what I did play was very enjoyable. I wasn't impressed with the pre-release stuff for H4 and had even less time, so I skipped it.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Sorry for the outrageous bump but there's a lot of good discussion here and I thought it better than making a new thread.

I saw there were a few more patches and wondered whether or not they addressed the problems vmxa and other were discussing above.

Comment

• The boss lady has bought Homm5 and Hammers Of Fate, so I will know some time after xmas. I did down load the 52mb manual.

They are saying that Hammers has the latest patch, but I am not sure if that includes the new 1.4. I will wait and see as the patch is another 50mb.

They did a great job on the manual, it was done by the community.

Comment

• Is Hammers the x-pack? That seems to be getting slated.

Comment

• Yes and it is in stores already as I poined out to her last week.

Comment

• You might want to check out some reviews first.

Comment

• Nah, she already bought them. I was there. I told her to not give them to me, till xmas. If they suck, oh well. Must have all Homm games.

I still play all version, except homm1.

Comment

• Has anyone played the expansion set?

I saw it on Amazon for £9.99 but not sure I'll bother as I haven;t played HOMM5 for a month or two and just can't seem to work up the enthusiasm. Looking at the forum ( a while ago) it seemed pretty bug ridden and didn't really change the basic concept much.

Comment

• The expansion is OK, but nothing extraordinary.
                        money sqrt evil;
                        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

• Yeah, it got pretty poor reviews.

Comment

• Hey guys, just out of complete curiosity, what happened to Dan Magaha? I just noticed he's no longer on the Staff list of Firaxis, and his last post on Apolyton was on this thread.
                            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Funny to see this thread at page one. I bought this game last Friday as gold edition (with both expansions). It's my first HoMM experience, I didn't play the first four. So far I like it.

Comment

• Haven't played HoMM for years - might come back for a nostalgia trip at some point but hard to see me playing it extensively now.

Comment

Working...
                                X