Resurrect Signet
    Ether Tap
    Vampiric Gaze
    Life Siphon
    Deathly Swarm
    Ether Feast

and for emergencies

Vampiric Touch

I want to replace Deathly Swarm with something like Dark Pact..

I would like to replace some of the others to..

but I am not sure about final loadout

(maybe Life Transfer/Spirit of Failure/Barbed Signet...)

what does Elite next to the skill mean?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Means you can only get it by capturing it from a boss with a Signet of Capture. And, you can only equip 1 elite skill.

You'll find those much later...
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• What are some good Necro or Mesmer ways to get Energy?

(and I am not primary Necro)

also, what exactly does Fast Casting do?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• what I am thinking about using as final loadout is something like

resurrect
          life stealing (fast) - probably vampiric gaze
          life stealing (slow) - probably life siphon or transfer
          energy stealing/regen
          direct damage - probably dark pact
          and then debufs or something..

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• This game is really fun. I'm having 10x more fun with Guildwars than I was with World of Warcraft.

I'm level 8 now, as a Necro/Mesmer. Arcane Arrum is my character's name. Send me a message if you need a group.

Comment

• Check that out for a cool idea for Monks
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                What are some good Necro or Mesmer ways to get Energy?

(and I am not primary Necro)

also, what exactly does Fast Casting do?

JM
                The Inspiration line in the Mesmer tree is ALL about stealing and getting energy. Too many ways to list.

Well of Power (necro) would be good, and in your blood line you're looking at.

Fast Casting reduces the casting time on a spell. It won't show in the spell descriptions though. IIRC it cuts the time by 4% each level. So at level 12, you can cut times in half.
                Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 16, 2005, 15:32.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I like
                  Spirit of Failure
                  - but what if there is no opponents who want to attack?

Power Drain/Leech Signet
                  - but what if there is no opponents who are often casting? also are Slow

Mantra of Element
                  - what if you are not being attacked with elements (also only gives 1 energy)

Inspired/Drain Hex/Enchantment
                  - what if your opponents don't have hex's/enchantments on them?

Energy Tap/Drain
                  - slow

Channeling
                  - how close is nearby? also might need lots of enemies..

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I also like

Mantra of Recovery {Elite}

which would give me only 1 or 2 debufs..

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Oh the joy of choices.

PvE, you will ALWAYS have someone attacking.

There is typically always casters in the group later in PvE. And, that is what fast casting is for.

I wouldn't take mantra of elements.

Hexes and Enchantments get flung around more than arrows later in the game.

Again, fast casting.

Closer than you want them as a caster. Stick with the drain/tap/debuffs that give you energy.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Late game when you face nasty bosses a mesmer is a great addition to a group.

Comment

• Tarna Lithith is my character..

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Tibbit of Information:
                            Only one of your Characters Names is needed, GW will display all Alternativ Chars of the same Player.
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Jon, some good Mesmer tips - every skill is useful, you just have to find the application

Channeling is great if you want to make a PAOE nuker (Player Area of Effect) - i.e run into the middle of the baddies, spam area damage spells that center on yourself and hope they die first before you do.

The Mantra spells are great in the PvE areas when you know ahead that you'll be taking fire/cold etc damage.

Backfire and Empathy are almost essential picks for a hexing mesmer. If enemy casters take damage when they cast, and enemy meleers take damage when they attack, then the enemy either has to waste an action removing them, hurt themselves doing what they were going to do anyway, or stand about doing nothing. Given the ok-ish durations and reasonable costs, these are very effective when combined with something that will hurt them directly too.

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

Check that out for a cool idea for Monks
                                Can't tell you how many times i've thought something similar

Great thread though ... very great
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X