Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magrat Garlick, Mo/El. 20, ascended.
    Angua von Uberwald, Ra/N, 17. Not very far really in the missions, did all the side stuff (first char)
    Cpl Carrot, Wa/Mo, 5, not seared yet (i wait until 7).

I just play sunday/monday primarily days off and all. But i play like a madman then ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

sounds great - sadly one i have to watch from the wings as i'm eternaly outcast from all MMORPG type games. More stories when you have them please

I did eye it in the shops the other day - looked over the box hoping for some mention of SP game(and low spec req)..........it wasn't to be.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The requirement aren't very high. Time for a new (budget) machine I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
          - All the numbers are "under the hood". I want to know what my chances are of doing X damage with Y weapon vs Z armour please.

-Jam
          Actually that's my preference. More fun that way IMHO. Everybody's different
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Killian Dao

Necro/Elem
            N/E ? Why not E/N Wouldn`t that be a fancy bit better?
            :=)=

Oh and has someone some Black DYE???

Random Suggestion: Warrior/Nekro
            Mark of Pain & Axe
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain

Oh and has someone some Black DYE???

Random Suggestion: Warrior/Nekro
              Mark of Pain & Axe
              Necro/E gets the benefits of Life Stealing and better armours. E/N gets to be the abbreviation for Everything/Nothing, but also more energy. I'd say they're just as good. The necro avatars are DEAD ugly untill you can get the best armour though.

What do people think of last night's update? Rune Traders are going to crush the ridiculous 1000 gold + "black market" in runes. (That's 1000 for minor runes) We still need to FIND the runes to unlock them for PvP characters though.

Oh and black dye 1,000 gold a vial, if the "black market" has it, and no one buys it first.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain

I like this combo better -- I gain energy whenever something dies, which helps a lot.

I also have a lot of life-drain abilities that do damage as well as heal me. I still get AOE-nukes and other Elementalist stuff.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The changes rule. All the whinging is just wrongheaded.

You still have to spend a bit of time unlocking upgrades/runes, but now you can sell them quickly (for reasonable though not top draw prices) without having to find people who want to buy them. You can also buy the minor runes from traders (the others are really expensive, as they should be) for reasonable money, whereas before you'd have to search hard as many can't be bothered to sell runes worth a small amount.

The other key change on elite skills is also a major improvement. Anyone that has fought their way multiple times to a boss (and found him!) just to have him not use the skill you want to steal *again* will appreciate that now it works much better.

Overall I'd say the game just gets better and better.

Comment

Yeah, its MUCH easier to simply sell a rune for a decent price and clear off instead of spamming the trade channel for about an hour.

Now give me the same to SELL weapons. Not to buy, but a max-damage weapon with upgrades is worth more than 50 gold. A player will give maybe 2000, depending how rare it is. Let me sell it to a store for 1500, I'll be happy.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Yes that would make sense. Eventually I suspect it will be the case that there is a 'market' for weapons too, and I also think they will make runes/weapon parts unlockable as quest rewards, though that wont come for some time.

Comment

The economy is deliberately gold-light though. Making weapons have a high gold value to sell might break that. Hmm...

Ok, for a pure party healer is E/Mo (more energy), Me/Mo (faster heals) or N/Mo (Necro healing spells too) better? I'm not sure if Mo/x is the best healing class, even with Divine Favour.

What's your experience?

Comment

In my experience it's pretty balanced between E/Mo, Me/Mo and Mo/?. You'd need to play a lot with several version of the 3 combinations to say more.

Comment

MO/E is pretty good, because of the useful Flare.

Divine Favor healing itself isn't useful, but there are some skills in it that are pretty useful for a PvP monk. Aura of Faith and Divine Boon primary amongst them. Also, monk armor is better for healing.

I haven't seen nearly any E/Mo that are any good (one, I think), and NO Ne/Mo that are any good. E/Mo is a quaint idea, but I think ultimately you'd rather put those points into better healing spells and better divine favor. And a decent Fire skill to make sure you have some ability to inflict damage ...

My build:

MO/E
                            Fire: 12
                            Healing: 12
                            Divine: 8

Weapon:
                            1: Fire Wand (10-15) {+20%} / Flame Artifact +13 energy
                            2: Fire Wand (8-13) +15 energy, -1 Energy Regen / Flame Artifact +13 energy
                            3: Fire Wand (8-13) +15 energy, -1 Regen / Healing Ankh +10 energy, -1 Regen, +40 health

I go from 1 -> 2 -> 3 as I get more desperate for energy in bad straits, and then right back to 1 again as soon as i'm down to 0

My armor is the Tatoo set, though the sports bra is sort of annoying - i'd rather better art and/or a decent looking bra But oh well. It's + to energy, so with my WS#3 I have mage-level energy I'm mostly at the 60 armor class range, at Droknar's Forge.

Skills used:
                            1: Flare 100%
                            2: Fire Storm (70%)Divine Boon (30%)
                            3: Word of Healing (100%)
                            4: Healing Seed (70%) or Heal Other (20%) or Meteor Shower (10%, when not being used as a primary healer)
                            5: Resurrect of some form (Resurrect 60%, Rebirth 40%)
                            6: Heal Party (100%)
                            7: Healing Breeze (100%)
                            8: Orizon of Healing (100%)

Or thereabouts, at level 20. I vary a bit based on the circumstances of course It's mostly a PVE build, as I do little PVP yet. Still need better weapons/armor.

You also don't need that much energy for a monk, so the energy storage isn't that important. I can heal a player with Word of Healing, who has 600hp (a lot), who's at 150 hp, for nearly all the lost HP (around 250) for 5 energy plus -1 energy regen - Divine Boon + Word of Healing. An E/Mo would spend more energy - twice as many - to do the same thing. I find that when I play with good parties at an adequate level and with adequate armor, I generally don't spend all of my energy except in very tough fights - and that's what weapon set 3 is for.
                            Last edited by snoopy369; June 11, 2005, 00:17.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That looks pretty good to me

I had fun last night with my Mo/Me, operating as a primary healer. I'm using that very cheap mana-stealing skill... erm... I forget the name, to maintain supplies for constant healing. I find the Bane Signet handy at my lower level (8th) because it requires no energy. It's come in use a few times as a last resort.

I tried a kamikazi smiting monk build but that was just silly. Divine Wrath + Retribution - stand in the middle of a clump of baddies and auto-nuke them while healing the party Divine Wrath's cool-off is just too long to make this work for me though

Snoopy, I notice you're still using the first two skills you got, even at level 20! Healing Breeze is really handy, even at the level cap?

-Jam

Comment

I've used breeze the whole game to 19.5 so far. It rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X