Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you about names... ugh!

Just did a mission in which the bonus you have to keep this guy alive and we had to redo it like 5 times because monks apparently did not understand the significance of keeping him healed since he'd charge into the fray and get himself killed.

It winded up that i had to keep an eye on him and whenever he gets attacked I'd run in and 'throw dirt' to blind enemies around him and at same time order monks to heal him. I dislike being bossy but I was getting fed up so I had to resort to doing that.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• The only two things, that buggered me a bit, were their uninspired names

Just a small point mate, but its 'bugged' not buggered Otherwise 'He's really bugging me' takes on a whole other meaning.

Got my monk round to Ventaris refuge and did the skill missions, Only lvl 15 so far which Im quite chuffed about

Sir Ralph Add 'Sun Hil' to your friends list as we about the same level now. Im significantly further than you, but the 'iron mine' missions near yaks bend I havent done yet
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Well I have done all in Yak's Bend, including the 3 (IMO) quests in the iron mine, with the 6-casters-team described above. I am in Borlis Pass now, which I intend to solve today and perhaps some more. So it would be probably wiser if you did Yak's Bend and I try to progress as fast as I can, and we meet on the even somewhere farther in. Heck, I got from 1 to 14 in four days (in the statement above I forgot, that I had rerolled) and breezed through pre-searing and the first Ascalon theater in no time without leaving out a single quest (not to my knowledge, at least). Unless things get significantly more difficult, I expect to breeze through the Shiverpeaks in no time also.

Nonetheless I will add your character to my friends list. Feel free to add Mytilma Elrad too. Send me a message if you need me for anything I have access to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            After I posted the above, I logged in again (yep, I am a fool who starts missions at 2am) and ported back to Great Northern Wall and Frontier Gate, in both of which I still lacked the bonus missions. Hey, I'm trying to get done everything. I realize, that this game does not have the depth and dimension of a real MMORPG, so I have to take what I get, but it is fun to play and very so.

In GNW I grouped up with a level 18 elementalist who, like myself, was just out for the bonus. We hired the NPC tank and healer, which we could have not done, since both are level 3 and of no help against the sorry mobs we get there and often were nuked to death by 2 mages even before our tank arrived in melee range. We did the bonus mission in like 20 minutes, after which I went to Frontier Gate.

It was almost completely empty (sure, a European district at 2:30am) except for a lone female, dancing in her underwear. It appears at least, that I am not the only pervert in this game. I decided to have a break. After I returned with a beer, three types had shown up and were about to start the mission. They were all three in the same guild and invited me in both the group and guild, which I accepted.

The mission and bonus was done in about 30 minutes, no wonder with a level 20 ranger on board. They seem to be nice guys and good players. I will look in the next days how it plays out. The only two things, that buggered me a bit, were their uninspired names and the fact, that they didn't call me Mytilma and not even Myt or so, but simply Ele. Could as well mean elephant. Guess that's something I have to get used to. I wouldn't call myself "Teh Kickass Nuker", most others however seem not to have problems with such unimmersive behavior. Hey, but their cape looks great!

Oh, and I am level 14 now, too. One week after creating the character.
            I'll be interested to see how long you can keep your bonus fixation up. The early ones are easy peasy, but the some of the later ones are mean at best, and many can't really be completed in the same run as a mission.

Comment

• I was wondering can players from different servers whisper each other? Or do they have to be in International District?

It seems to me most active 'Poly players are Europeans and hey I'd like to group with u guys someday - perhaps I'm biased but I would like to think you folks play better than most of PUGs
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• You can indeed whisper anyone anywhere.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Here are my char names for further reference, feel free to ask me to play with you if I'm on:

Antti Thesis (Mo/Me, lvl 20, ascended)
                  - My primary guy, clocked in ~120 hours and 250 deaths.

Artesia Nwell (E/?, lvl 1, just started)
                  - Going to be an Ele/something, a Hydromancer (hence the name)

Piippolan Vaari (W/?, lvl 1, just started)
                  - My farmer (name is the Finnish counterpart of Old MacDonald)

Hammu Numbermancer (N/?, lvl 1, just started)
                  - A Necro created on a whim because mucking about the generator I created a char that looked disturbingly like my legendary math teacher.
                  Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 17, 2005, 18:12.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
                    I was wondering can players from different servers whisper each other? Or do they have to be in International District?

It seems to me most active 'Poly players are Europeans and hey I'd like to group with u guys someday - perhaps I'm biased but I would like to think you folks play better than most of PUGs
                    You can whisper anyone anywhere, and group with anyone in the international districts. If you have trouble with some of the tricker later missions and need a hand, holler and if I'm on I'll help.

Comment

Working...
                    X